Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Proof That Jesus Christ Never Existed....

‘Covert Messiah’ Project Says They Have Proof That Jesus Christ Never
Existed

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=15349

“When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his
disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they
said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others,
Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye
that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the
Son of the living God.” Matthew 16

For 2,000 years, Jesus of Nazareth and the pages of holy scripture have
taken on all comers, put the lie to every conspiracy theory, and stand
untouched and unblemished by the accusations and ravings of a lost and
dying unsaved world. This latest, and might I say, pathetic effort to
discredit Jesus Christ and the bible will wind up in the trash bin with
all the others.

And Mr. Atwill, if you are reading this, why don’t you get down on your
knees and ask the Messiah you mock to save your wicked soul? My bible
tells me He will…because if you don’t, you are going to wind up here.

From Covert Messiah: American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be
appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the
19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient
confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the
New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that
they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ. His presentation will
be part of a one-day symposium entitled “Covert Messiah” at Conway Hall
in Holborn
covert-messiah-scholars-group-claims-jesus-never-existed-was-government-project-rome-caesar

Was Jesus based on a real person from history? “The short answer is no,”
Atwill insists, “in fact he may be the only fictional character in
literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources. Once
those sources are all laid bare, there’s simply nothing left.”

Although to many scholars his theory seems outlandish, and is sure to
upset some believers, Atwill regards his evidence as conclusive and is
confident its acceptance is only a matter of time. “I present my work
with some ambivalence, as I do not want to directly cause Christians any
harm,” he acknowledges, “but this is important for our culture. Alert
citizens need to know the truth about our past so we can understand how
and why governments create false histories and false gods. They often do
it to obtain a social order that is against the best interests of the
common people.”

Atwill asserts that Christianity did not really begin as a religion, but
a sophisticated government project, a kind of propaganda exercise used
to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire. “Jewish sects in Palestine
at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a
constant source of violent insurrection during the first century,” he
explains. “When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing
rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that
the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to
create a competing belief system. That’s when the ‘peaceful’ Messiah
story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged
turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to ‘give onto Caesar’
and pay their taxes to Rome.”

Was Jesus based on a real person from history? “The short answer is no,”
Atwill insists, “in fact he may be the only fictional character in
literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources. Once
those sources are all laid bare, there’s simply nothing left.”

Atwill’s most intriguing discovery came to him while he was studying
“Wars of the Jews” by Josephus [the only surviving first-person
historical account of first-century Judea] alongside the New Testament.
“I started to notice a sequence of parallels between the two texts,” he
recounts. “Although it’s been recognised by Christian scholars for
centuries that the prophesies of Jesus appear to be fulfilled by what
Josephus wrote about in the First Jewish-Roman war, I was seeing dozens
more. What seems to have eluded many scholars is that the sequence of
events and locations of Jesus ministry are more or less the same as the
sequence of events and locations of the military campaign of [Emperor]
Titus Flavius as described by Josephus. This is clear evidence of a
deliberately constructed pattern. The biography of Jesus is actually
constructed, tip to stern, on prior stories, but especially on the
biography of a Roman Caesar.”

How could this go unnoticed in the most scrutinized books of all time?
“Many of the parallels are conceptual or poetic, so they aren’t all
immediately obvious. After all, the authors did not want the average
believer to see what they were doing, but they did want the alert reader
to see it. An educated Roman in the ruling class would probably have
recognized the literary game being played.” Atwill maintains he can
demonstrate that “the Roman Caesars left us a kind of puzzle literature
that was meant to be solved by future generations, and the solution to
that puzzle is ‘We invented Jesus Christ, and we’re proud of it.’”

Is this the beginning of the end of Christianity? “Probably not,” grants
Atwill, “but what my work has done is give permission to many of those
ready to leave the religion to make a clean break. We’ve got the
evidence now to show exactly where the story of Jesus came from.
Although Christianity can be a comfort to some, it can also be very
damaging and repressive, an insidious form of mind control that has led
to blind acceptance of serfdom, poverty, and war throughout history. To
this day, especially in the United States, it is used to create support
for war in the Middle East.”

Atwill encourages skeptics to challenge him at Conway Hall, where after
the presentations there is likely to be a lively Q&A session. Joining
Mr.Atwill will be fellow scholar Kenneth Humphreys, author of the book
“Jesus Never Existed.” source – Covert Messiah

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2014 5:07 AM, wrote:
‘Covert Messiah’ Project Says They Have Proof That Jesus Christ Never
Existed

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=15349

Atwill encourages skeptics to challenge him at Conway Hall, where after
the presentations there is likely to be a lively Q&A session. Joining
Mr.Atwill will be fellow scholar Kenneth Humphreys, author of the book
“Jesus Never Existed.” source – Covert Messiah

How can one prove a negative? Hmm. I'm remembering
a distant memory of reading Hitchhikers' guide to
the Galaxy, when I was in college. Someone proved
that God didn't exist. He then proved red and green,
and got run over by a truck at an intersection.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

How can one prove a negative?

Ask Saddam Hussein.

He was supposed to prove he didn't have WMD's.

He provided a room full of documents, CD's, video's as his proof - none
of which was ever disputed. A lot of good it did him, and a lot of dead
american servicemen and eventually a dead american economy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

From Covert Messiah: American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be
[...]

Drivel. No-one can prove whether he existed or not.
But there are books other than the bible refer to him.

If you want some facts read this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synods_of_Antioch

???????? when was jesus christ born BV BV Electronics Repair 0 January 8th 13 08:39 PM
???????? when was jesus christ born BV BV Woodworking 0 January 8th 13 08:36 PM
kid-proof, dog-proof, dirt-proof paint K UK diy 18 March 7th 08 05:37 PM
christ!! The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 30 April 25th 06 02:27 PM
CHRIST: THE ARRIVAL Steve W. Metalworking 1 December 27th 05 05:55 PM