Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cold water inlet temperature

wrote in message news:daa6f2fc-efc2-471b-aba2-

stuff snipped

cattle were all over the highway, the kids starting screaming and

wailing
and were overcome with grief." Dismembered humans didn't affect them
anywhere near as much as dismembered animals. I think the Copenhagen

zoo
director is in the process of making a similar discovery about human

nature.

Another sign of how dumb they are is the zoo officials are now
running around saying they are shocked that they are getting death
threats. Really? You get a petition with 27,000 signatures on it
trying to save the life of a cute animal
and you're shocked that in all those people there are some who will resort
to death threats in today's world? Don't they have PETA and/or similar
groups over there? And to top it off, they even made a spectacle of
cutting up the dead giraffe, like they wanted to make a point and
really stick it in everyone's face that they could do as they please.

Yes. I am all for science I can even sympathize with the desire to avoid
inbreeding but they did make an awful spectacle of the event. And giraffe
chunks are so easily recognizable as dead giraffe because of their markings.

Many items I've read said that zoos do this all the time but most have the
good sense not to "stick it in people's faces." Epic fail for Copenhagen, I
guess.

IMO, those idiots should not even be allowed to have pets, let alone
run a zoo.

They may get themselves there eventually. I can't see -the director staying
in place for very much longer. But the Danes are an odd lot. A kid that
worked for me spent a year there and he concluded that they are not like us
in many ways. Who knows what they'll do in the long run?

On the other side, you also have some people who are loons. I googled
to see if there was a petition you could sign to get those responsible
fired. Instead I found a petition with 95,000 signatures to *close*
the zoo. One would think the better solution is to replace those
responsible. If they actually close it, it could lead to more animals
being put down, or being in worse conditions, because they may not be
able to find suitable zoos to take all of them.

I saw that too and hoped it was just a typical "ask for the moon and get
what you really want" negotiating tactic meant to remove the director. I
still find it remarkable how far off the zoo was in anticipating public
reaction. That's the basic business sin of not knowing your customers. I
read an article that talks about Amazon and how their initial book selling
business was primarily meant to gather data on customers who *would* buy
books on line. May not be your cup of tea but it's a fascinating story
about how Amazon changed the book publishing world forever.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...urrentPage=all

It seems preposterous now, but Amazon began as a bookstore. In 1994, at
the age of thirty, Bezos, a Princeton graduate, quit his job at a Manhattan
hedge fund and moved to Seattle to found a company that could ride the
exponential growth of the early commercial Internet. (Bezos calculated that,
in 1993, usage climbed by two hundred and thirty thousand per cent.)

--
Bobby G.