Matt

Default cold-temperature thermostat

I need a thermostat with settings near the freezing point. I would set
it near say 35 to 40 degrees F so that it could control an electric
space heater to maintain a temperature a little above freezing.
Hopefully it wouldn't cost more than about $20. Can anybody point me to
something like that? Thanks.
Joseph Meehan

Matt wrote:
I need a thermostat with settings near the freezing point. I would set
it near say 35 to 40 degrees F so that it could control an electric
space heater to maintain a temperature a little above freezing.
Hopefully it wouldn't cost more than about $20. Can anybody point me
to something like that? Thanks.

Controlling what voltage, amperage or mechanic device?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

David Martel

Matt,

Mr Meehan's questions are apropos. Assuming we're talking about 120 v
with a fairly low current then a refrigerator thermostat would work. Head to
the dump and see what they have. If the thermostat won't handle the heater's
current draw then a simple solenoid circuit using the thermostat will work
but may cost more than $20. $20 is a low budget since you will want to put
this in an insulated box to prevent accidents.

Good luck,
Dave M.

Travis Jordan

Matt wrote:
I need a thermostat with settings near the freezing point. I would

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/acce...controls.shtml

Me

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 04:49:18 GMT, Matt
wrote:

I need a thermostat with settings near the freezing point. I would set
it near say 35 to 40 degrees F so that it could control an electric
space heater to maintain a temperature a little above freezing.
Hopefully it wouldn't cost more than about $20. Can anybody point me to
something like that? Thanks.

I bought one at the autoparts store for $25. It is adjustable from
30 to 150 degrees and comes with a 12 v relay which you don't have to
use.

..

Matt

wrote:

I need a thermostat with settings near the freezing point. I would set
it near say 35 to 40 degrees F so that it could control an electric
space heater to maintain a temperature a little above freezing.
Hopefully it wouldn't cost more than about $20. Can anybody point me to
something like that? Thanks.

I bought one at the autoparts store for $25. It is adjustable from
30 to 150 degrees and comes with a 12 v relay which you don't have to
use.

Thanks. What is it called and what is the approximate automotive
application?
Matt

Travis Jordan wrote:
Matt wrote:

I need a thermostat with settings near the freezing point. I would

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/acce...controls.shtml

Thanks. That heating outlet is about what I need, but the 45 degree
turn-off temperature is probably too high.