Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sharkbites are in short supply

apparently stocks have been wiped out in the pittsburgh area, heat tapes too are sold out.

these severe low temps are bcreating real troubles
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 15:10:42 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

apparently stocks have been wiped out in the pittsburgh area, heat tapes too are sold out.

these severe low temps are bcreating real troubles

Wonder if Duct Tape is also in short supply.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/26/2014 7:49 PM, Oren wrote:
apparently stocks have been wiped out in the

pittsburgh area, heat tapes too are sold out.

these severe low temps are bcreating real

troubles

Wonder if Duct Tape is also in short supply.

Fiberglass, Great Stuff, and so on.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 20:10:22 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/26/2014 7:49 PM, Oren wrote:
apparently stocks have been wiped out in the

pittsburgh area, heat tapes too are sold out.

these severe low temps are bcreating real

troubles

Wonder if Duct Tape is also in short supply.

Fiberglass, Great Stuff, and so on.

Hot chocolate. Coffee. Beer. Always beer. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 1/26/2014 7:49 PM, Oren wrote:
apparently stocks have been wiped out in the

pittsburgh area, heat tapes too are sold out.

these severe low temps are bcreating real

troubles

Wonder if Duct Tape is also in short supply.

Fiberglass, Great Stuff, and so on.

How about snow shovels???

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/26/2014 6:10 PM, bob haller wrote:
apparently stocks have been wiped out in the pittsburgh area, heat tapes too are sold out.

these severe low temps are bcreating real troubles

Having well failure once in January, I found it toughest time of year to
find a plumber. With frozen pipes, it is busiest time of the year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 08:14:03 -0500, Frank
wrote:

On 1/26/2014 6:10 PM, bob haller wrote:
apparently stocks have been wiped out in the pittsburgh area, heat tapes too are sold out.

these severe low temps are bcreating real troubles

Having well failure once in January, I found it toughest time of year to
find a plumber. With frozen pipes, it is busiest time of the year.

We had a hard freeze here in the desert some years back. Froze and
cracked my outside _Brass Pressure Vacuum Breaker Backflow Preventer
Check Valve_. Cost me $65.00 to buy and install myself.

The plumbers sometimes buy the entire stock out from the BORGS. They
stay busy for days. Some people don't even notice the valve is
leaking until they get a water bill the following month.

My pool pump motor has an anti-freeze feature that starts the pump
between 40°F 32°F. Keeps the water circulating to help prevent
freezing.

The PVB gets covered every time we get a freeze warning
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Oh, you be one of those water wasting types that harasses kids. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
On 1/26/2014 6:10 PM, bob haller wrote:
apparently stocks have been wiped out in the pittsburgh area, heat tapes too are sold out.

these severe low temps are bcreating real troubles

Having well failure once in January, I found it toughest time of year to
find a plumber. With frozen pipes, it is busiest time of the year.

A few years ago I had some roots in my sewer and decided to get a free
estimate that included a scope. The guy that ran the camera told me that
the winter weather determines their busiest time of the year.

When it's cold and snowy like this year, frozen pipes make winter their
busiest season. Mild winters with little snow cause more roots to seek
water wherever they can find it, so spring becomes their busiest season.
Cold, but little snow, keeps them busy in both winter and spring with
frozen pipes in the winter and roots in the spring.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:33:45 -0600, "Steve F." wrote:

Oh, you be one of those water wasting types that harasses kids. :-)

Get off my lawn, ya'll ...

Video from Pittsburgh - home flooded and frozen-in by a leak up the
hill. _Neglected Water-Main Break Leaves Home Sealed in Ice_

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2014/01/24/water-main-break-ices-home/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058&

I'm experiencing global change here - 61°F Feels 68°F

burr

Sharkbites Steve B[_13_] Home Repair 17 July 11th 12 09:11 PM
Is wood in short supply? George UK diy 3 August 18th 08 01:50 PM
pc power supply short circuit mishap No Name Electronics Repair 14 May 27th 08 10:16 AM
JVC TV model AV32920 power supply short [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 December 13th 07 04:59 PM
TEK 485 -2950VDC Supply Short MPalmquist Electronics Repair 4 October 30th 03 06:17 PM