Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default JVC TV model AV32920 power supply short

This set came in with a complaint that it smoked and now is dead. The
flyback is not cracked and there are remnants of exploded components
anywhere. There is also no residual smell from anywhere one the board
either. The set has a short between E-C on the HOT. I pulled the
transistor and found that the short is somwhere else. I've checked a
number of things around the power supply but this is really difficult
without a schematic. Does anyone have a copy that they could possibly
share with me? Is there any history of power supply failures on this
chassis? Thanks very much for any assistance. Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The horizontal output will measure shorted because of the flyback.
This is normal. C926 1000 uf @ 35, or 50 volts in the SMPS secondary
is likely, or check C921 .0015 500v...it could be burnt, or R903 a
33K1/2 watt resistor for being open.
Dani.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Dec 7, 6:26 pm, Dani wrote:
The horizontal output will measure shorted because of the flyback.
This is normal. C926 1000 uf @ 35, or 50 volts in the SMPS secondary
is likely, or check C921 .0015 500v...it could be burnt, or R903 a
33K1/2 watt resistor for being open.
Dani.

C921 was shorted. I replaced it with a 1KV unit and the set works
fine. Thanks for the help. Lenny.