Posted to alt.home.repair
LdB LdB is offline

Default Moen Customer Service A1

Plastic soap dispenser bottle on a 10 year old Moen kitchen faucet
broke. My fault. I'm putting in new counter tops. Forgot the bottle
was there when I pulled out the sink.

I called Moen 1-800. A new bottle is on the way. No charge. They
didn't even ask how the old bottle broke.

That's service.

LdB

Posted to alt.home.repair

"LdB" wrote in message
m...
Plastic soap dispenser bottle on a 10 year old Moen kitchen faucet broke.
My fault. I'm putting in new counter tops. Forgot the bottle was there
when I pulled out the sink.

I called Moen 1-800. A new bottle is on the way. No charge. They didn't
even ask how the old bottle broke.

That's service.

LdB

Agree.

What is it with faucet manufacturers? I had a similar experience with
American Standard. A kitchen sink faucet needed new washers, etc. I called
their customer service ready to place an order and they sent me a repair kit
(actually two kits) at no charge. And that was for a 10-year old faucet as
well.

Must be a competitive business out there.

Tomsic

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 13:17:05 -0600, LdB wrote:

Plastic soap dispenser bottle on a 10 year old Moen kitchen faucet
broke. My fault. I'm putting in new counter tops. Forgot the bottle
was there when I pulled out the sink.

I called Moen 1-800. A new bottle is on the way. No charge. They
didn't even ask how the old bottle broke.

That's service.

LdB

The Moen on my kitchen sink is 8 years old. Still hasn't needed
service
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/3/2014 2:17 PM, LdB wrote:
Plastic soap dispenser bottle on a 10 year old Moen kitchen faucet
broke. My fault. I'm putting in new counter tops. Forgot the bottle was
there when I pulled out the sink.

I called Moen 1-800. A new bottle is on the way. No charge. They didn't
even ask how the old bottle broke.

That's service.

LdB

You are very kind to mention it here, so we
can rally round and support the few good
companies who remain. Thank you.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/3/2014 3:02 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 13:17:05 -0600, LdB wrote:

Plastic soap dispenser bottle on a 10 year old Moen kitchen faucet
broke. My fault. I'm putting in new counter tops. Forgot the bottle
was there when I pulled out the sink.

I called Moen 1-800. A new bottle is on the way. No charge. They
didn't even ask how the old bottle broke.

That's service.

LdB

The Moen on my kitchen sink is 8 years old. Still hasn't needed
service

Over the nearly 40 years in this house I've had to replace several Moen
faucets yet still like them having come from a previous home where I was
constantly replacing washers.

I had one dealing with Moen to get a part for a sink stopper. Response
was good but I paid several dollars for a part that I could have gotten
elsewhere on line at one tenth the price.

Local True Value had OEM Moen cartridges at the outrageous price of $40.
Needing one every few years I always keep one on hand and bought on line
from a none OEM source for $10.

Moen kitchen sink faucet, which gets the most use in the house, has had
to be replaced 4 times.

Shower fixture is still original and cartridge only needed to be
replaced once. This was last year and I actually had the plumber do it
along with other jobs as I figured it would be a bitch to pull, which it
was. I had replaced the one in the bathtub for the first time the year
before and was worried that I would break the pipes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/03/14 04:23 pm, Frank wrote:

[...]

Many years ago I went to Home Depot to see what I needed to fix a
leaking Moen faucet in my in-laws' house. The guy said, "Those have a
lifetime warranty. Just bring the old one in and we'll give you a new
one, Doesn't matter if you didn't buy it from us." With the tools and
time available (I was only visiting), I didn't on that occasion manage
to get the old one out; maybe my BIL took care of it, but I never
thought to ask him.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/03/2014 11:17 AM, LdB wrote:
Plastic soap dispenser bottle on a 10 year old Moen kitchen faucet
broke. My fault. I'm putting in new counter tops. Forgot the bottle was
there when I pulled out the sink.

I called Moen 1-800. A new bottle is on the way. No charge. They didn't
even ask how the old bottle broke.

That's service.

Yep, same with my old Moen Chateau. It was leaking around the base, and
they send me o-rings and a new cartridge, which fixed it right up.

To be fair, Price-Pfister was also happy to send me a new cartridge for
my shower valve.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

LdB wrote:
Plastic soap dispenser bottle on a 10 year old Moen kitchen faucet
broke. My fault. I'm putting in new counter tops. Forgot the bottle was
there when I pulled out the sink.

I called Moen 1-800. A new bottle is on the way. No charge. They didn't
even ask how the old bottle broke.

That's service.

LdB

Same with my Price-Phister 15 year old half bath faucet.
It was gold colored and it started to turn rainbow colors around the
spigot end. I called and they said they don't have the gold ones any
more and they would send me another faucet of my choice.
I got the chrome colored of the same design.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 13:17:05 -0600, LdB wrote:

Plastic soap dispenser bottle on a 10 year old Moen kitchen faucet
broke. My fault. I'm putting in new counter tops. Forgot the bottle
was there when I pulled out the sink.

I called Moen 1-800. A new bottle is on the way. No charge. They
didn't even ask how the old bottle broke.

That's service.

LdB

I've found the same quality of service from Price-Phfister.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 16:23:14 -0500, Frank
wrote:

On 1/3/2014 3:02 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

If they are lifetime guaranteed, why are they selling the replacement
parts in stores?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 3 Jan 2014 14:52:57 -0500, "=" wrote:

"LdB" wrote in message
om...
Plastic soap dispenser bottle on a 10 year old Moen kitchen faucet broke.
My fault. I'm putting in new counter tops. Forgot the bottle was there
when I pulled out the sink.

I called Moen 1-800. A new bottle is on the way. No charge. They didn't
even ask how the old bottle broke.

That's service.

LdB

Agree.

What is it with faucet manufacturers? I had a similar experience with
American Standard. A kitchen sink faucet needed new washers, etc. I called
their customer service ready to place an order and they sent me a repair kit
(actually two kits) at no charge. And that was for a 10-year old faucet as
well.

Must be a competitive business out there.

Tomsic

On my price-phfister I called them because the spout was starting to
developed little corrosion dimples under the chrome. They sent me a
new spout free of charge. They have also sent me new diverter valves
twice for the hand sprayer as well as the main ball valve once.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2014 11:27 AM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Moen kitchen sink faucet, which gets the most use in the house, has had
to be replaced 4 times.

If they are lifetime guaranteed, why are they selling the replacement
parts in stores?

Not everyone knows about the lifetime warranty, the other factor is
time. If you have the faucet apart, do yhou want to wait a week to get
the part in the mail or just go buy one for $5 and be up and running
with a happy wife?

When we moved into our present house, I had to replace the Delta parts
every six to 13 months depending on use. I put in a whole house filter
for sediment and now they last 15+ years.

My Moen kitchen faucet is about 20+ years and I replaced the cartridge
once, but I caused the problem.

GE's Customer Service came through on this one Robert Macy[_2_] Home Repair 19 July 11th 13 08:17 PM
Customer service is getting better? HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 2 December 16th 12 04:54 PM
Customer service Jim Hall Woodturning 0 November 10th 06 03:05 PM
B.E.S.Customer Service . Stuart UK diy 1 October 11th 06 03:54 PM
LN Customer Service Tom Banes Woodworking 20 July 26th 05 12:51 AM