Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Customer service is getting better?

"It seems as if everyone has a tale about Customer Service Hell. According
to a new survey ... less than half (49%) of consumers worldwide say that
they are “net satisfied” with the businesses they regularly interact with,
including retailers, utilities, financial services, and pay TV, phone, and
broadband providers.

The same survey, however, finds:

"In mature markets, switching due to poor service is also on the decline,
dropping from 60 percent to 49 percent (the first time below 50 percent)
during the same period. Furthermore, in conjunction with this global decline
in switching due to poor service, consumers are generally somewhat more
satisfied with many aspects of customer service this year, with three
general service satisfaction characteristics measured increasing by at least
5 percentage points from last year."

http://business.time.com/2012/12/11/...#ixzz2FDZ9lyC0

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 06:37:36 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

The same survey, however, finds:

"In mature markets, switching due to poor service is also on the decline,
dropping from 60 percent to 49 percent (the first time below 50 percent)
during the same period. Furthermore, in conjunction with this global decline
in switching due to poor service, consumers are generally somewhat more
satisfied with many aspects of customer service this year, with three
general service satisfaction characteristics measured increasing by at least
5 percentage points from last year."

http://business.time.com/2012/12/11/...#ixzz2FDZ9lyC0

I think the survey has found that we've given up. We will accept
mediocre service as being good. Just like we accept self checkout and
think it is a good thing. Hey, we pump our own gas and clean the
table at the fast food joint.

I laugh when people discuss the good foods like twinkies versus
Hostess cupcakes versus Dunkin' Donuts when they are all crap compared
to what a real bakery can turn out.

Do you like getting hit on the head with a stick. Sure, this is much
better than the hammer! I'll check the box that service has improved.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:37:36 AM UTC-8, HeyBub wrote:
[...]

I have seen a lot a improvement in courtesy and attentiveness since 2007 but not in knowledge and expertise. It’s amazing how much a little fear of unemployment will motivate people.

OT Now this is customer service Leon[_7_] Woodworking 39 August 11th 11 08:44 PM
Customer Service DGDevin Home Repair 6 October 30th 10 07:07 AM
customer service Larry Blanchard Woodworking 6 April 2nd 09 12:59 AM
Customer service Jim Hall Woodturning 0 November 10th 06 03:05 PM
LN Customer Service Tom Banes Woodworking 20 July 26th 05 12:51 AM