Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - government, then and now

On 12/24/2013 4:49 AM, philo wrote:
On 12/23/2013 07:25 PM, Todd wrote:

25 years with no TV I do not know what's going on out there in
TV land.

You don't???? Well then, to fill you in, for the last 25 years the
Packers have gone to the Superbowl each year. Oh the games you
have missed !!!!

:-)

(perhaps)

Football was a better game when it was played outdoors.

I recall games where the field got so muddy due to rain...that the
yardlines had to be redrawn often and the uniforms got so muddy you
could not read the numbers and even the announcers had a hard time
figuring out who was who.

Heck, I remember seeing some games where they were playing during a snow
storm. Today's players are wimps. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

ps)

Football was a better game when it was played outdoors.

I recall games where the field got so muddy due to rain...that the
yardlines had to be redrawn often and the uniforms got so muddy you
could not read the numbers and even the announcers had a hard time
figuring out who was who.

Heck, I remember seeing some games where they were playing during a snow
storm. Today's players are wimps. ^_^

TDD

Snow storm were the best!

We also knew that if Green Bay was at home playing a team from the South
and it was -20F the odds were very good for Green Bay.

OTOH: Not so good for GB if they had to play in the South on one of
those hot and humid days.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/24/2013 1:42 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/24/2013 11:49 AM, The Daring Dufas wrote: ps)

Football was a better game when it was played outdoors.

I recall games where the field got so muddy due to rain...that
the yardlines had to be redrawn often and the uniforms got so
muddy you could not read the numbers and even the announcers had
a hard time figuring out who was who.

Heck, I remember seeing some games where they were playing during a
snow storm. Today's players are wimps. ^_^

TDD

Snow storm were the best!

We also knew that if Green Bay was at home playing a team from the
South and it was -20F the odds were very good for Green Bay.

OTOH: Not so good for GB if they had to play in the South on one of
those hot and humid days.

I'm not a football fan at all which means I'm an evil heretic here in
Alabamastan. I attended classes at The University of Alabama when I was
in the womb and I don't care about Alabama football either. Both my
parents were alumni and I attended some classes there but I care nothing
about football. My father was a big football fan and when a game came
on, you couldn't tear him away from the TV set. I must have a recessive
gene which makes me immune to football hysteria. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/24/2013 1:42 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/24/2013 11:49 AM, The Daring Dufas wrote: ps)

I'm not a football fan at all which means I'm an evil heretic here in
Alabamastan. I attended classes at The University of Alabama when I was
in the womb and I don't care about Alabama football either. Both my
parents were alumni and I attended some classes there but I care nothing
about football. My father was a big football fan and when a game came
on, you couldn't tear him away from the TV set. I must have a recessive
gene which makes me immune to football hysteria. ^_^

TDD

I like football, but somehow have managed quite well without it
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/26/2013 4:17 PM, Todd wrote:
On 12/24/2013 11:42 AM, philo wrote:
On 12/24/2013 11:49 AM, The Daring Dufas wrote: ps)

Football was a better game when it was played outdoors.

I recall games where the field got so muddy due to rain...that
the yardlines had to be redrawn often and the uniforms got so
muddy you could not read the numbers and even the announcers
had a hard time figuring out who was who.

Heck, I remember seeing some games where they were playing during
a snow storm. Today's players are wimps. ^_^

TDD

Snow storm were the best!

We also knew that if Green Bay was at home playing a team from the
South and it was -20F the odds were very good for Green Bay.

OTOH: Not so good for GB if they had to play in the South on one
of those hot and humid days.

1+ snow is best!

Green Bay still plays out doors (although the filed is heated from
underneath).

The Cowboys still haven't forgiven the Packers for the ignominy they
suffered at the "ice bowl".

Uh, wuts a filed? Is that sumpton dats not empty or a bunch O papers? o_O

TDD