Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - government, then and now

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:39:29 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 11:46:35 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/24/2013 11:01 PM,
wrote:

Lots of stuff. Manufacturing hasn't really fallen off, so much, as
that it hasn't grown with the economy, over the last couple of decades
but there is still a lot of high-value manufacturing going on here.

What has changed is the type of manufacturing. Small appliances,
electronics, cameras, have moved or were moving since the 1970's. More
recently are auto parts, small machined parts, tooling.

There are still appliances being manufactured here. There is also a
significant amount of electronics being done here, just not in the
mass-market or consumer space. The same for machined parts.

Typical US made tooling (cast/machined aluminum) for our industry is
$30,000 and eight weeks delivery. I can buy equal or better quality
from a couple of sources in China for $18,000 and 28 days delivery.

Sure, but for small jobs there is still a business, here.

In spite of the shouts about cheap crap from China, it is possible to
buy well crafted high quality items too. A lot of the crap is made to
the specifications of a US importer looking for a fast buck.

In my last job, we found it impossible to keep the quality high
(though had little choice but to try). The Chinese manufacturers
would make some great samples, built to spec. The manufactured parts
were just junk and not even wired the same way. Because of the
timing, we were forced to completely rebuild the widgets. It was a
major cost and we likely lost money on the whole thing but they were
needed to support our main product.

just got to love how that free market worked for you

It's worked out just fine for me, Malformed. It's the lefties, like
you, who have a problem with reality.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 21:40:59 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 12/26/2013 10:59 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 16:14:46 -0600, The Daring Dufas

In article , Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/24/2013 6:54 PM, philo wrote:

The way I figure is simply that if you "buy American" the
stuff is just made in China anyway...however I do try to buy
as much locally produced stuff as I possibly can...

and since the trees have grown around here, I am gardening a
lot less so depend on the local farmer's market.

Not real likely I'll be buying my fresh vegetables from
China...

But dang, Were I Sarah Palin I could just pop over to Russia
real quick and get 'em there. (Don't freak out , just a dumb
joke)

Other than Mexicans and Muslims, wonder what really is made in
America, now?

bigotry

Do you mean your bigotry against people of faith. Most Mexicans
are devout Catholics so you should really hate them. The Muslims
will behead you if you insult their faith. So you should really
remember who you hate and who you support Malcom because it appears
to change with every post. ^_^

That's how pathological liars, like Malformed, work.

I actually believe that Malcom, the P.L.L.C.F. bot was programed to be
schizophrenic. ^_^

TDD

that's the great thing about belief...it has nothing to do with facts,

You describe lefties perfectly. No facts. Only a belief in their own
infallibility.

oh wait, you're a fundie

....but you're a pathological liar.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

facts, oh wait, you're a fundie

I believe in the facts Malcom, you don't and I am not entertainment
underwear. Your goofiness is getting worse. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 12:16:57 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 12/24/2013 6:50 PM, philo wrote:

I am amazed at how the stuff I buy from China is like $5
including postage.

Why does it cost $7 for me to mail a package that costs a chinaman
less than $5 including the item?

because when Republicans kept making it easier to off-shore, one the
the best ways to help was to approve international shipping
treaties, check up how much money the have in China that isn't
taxable

More proof that lefties are incapable of anything other than lies.

The teacher gave her fifth grade class an assignment:

Get their parents to tell them a story with a moral at the end of it.
The next day, the kids came back and, one by one, began to tell their
stories.

There were all the regular types of stuff. Spilled milk and pennies
saved. But then the teacher realized, much to her dismay, that only
Janie was left. "Janie, do you have a story to share?" "Yes ma'am. My
daddy told me a story about my mommy. She was a Marine pilot in Desert
Storm, and her plane got hit. She had to bail out over enemy territory,
and all she had was a flask of whiskey, her service .45 cal. automatic,
and a survival knife."

"She drank the whiskey on the way down so the bottle wouldn't break,
and then her parachute landed her right in the middle of 20 Iraqi
troops. She shot 15 of them with the pistol, until she ran out of
bullets, killed four more with the knife, 'til the blade broke, and
then she killed the last Iraqi with her bare hands."

"Good Heavens", said the horrified teacher. "What did your Daddy tell
you was the moral to this incredible story?"

"Don't **** with krwless when she's been drinking."

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , The Daring Dufas

Mormon wrote:

[...]

Malcom, you must really be mentally ill if you don't understand that I
am not entertainment underwear. I am not underwear at all, I am a human
being. o_O

TDD