Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GOP kills a bunch of old white men vets with reduction of benefits

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) and Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA). The deal increases discretionary domestic spending to over $1 trillion a year, by eliminating most the the sequester cuts. The deal pays for the spending hike through increased user fees and spending cuts, half of which occur a decade from now. One of the near-term spending cuts, however, is to reduce pension benefits for current veterans and active-duty military.

The Ryan-Murray budget deal hikes federal spending by $65 billion over the next two years. This spending is "paid for" by an increase in user fees, budget cuts in 2022 and 2023 and small reductions in current spending. One of these reductions is in pension benefits to veterans younger than 62. The budget deal would reduce the yearly cost-of-living adjustments for these military veterans. It would even impact those veterans who were forced to retire due to injuries sustained in the service of our country. As my colleague Matt Boyle reported,House GOP leaders knew that the pension changes would impact vets.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:10:58 AM UTC-8, Daring Dufas : Hypocrite gay TeaBillie on welfare wrote:
[...]

The difference between a dog and a cat is, you can kick a dog and he’ll keep coming back and licking your hand but a cat will never come near you again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
[...]

Although I think it's a crappy thing for the government to do, I don't
see how "veterans younger than 62" can be considered "old", especially
in this newsgroup.

If I were Tyrant of the United States, I'd see to it that serving
military personnel and veterans were generously rewarded for their
service.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/19/2013 11:50 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
In article ,
[...]

Not only is it a crappy thing to do but several studies conducted in the
late 1970's concluded that military retirees bodies were chronologically
advanced by 12-15 years over their peers who did not serve within the
military. Methinks that one of the requirements for being allowed to
run for a government office is a valid DD-214 showing honorable active
service in the US military.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Those veterans need to get off the govt tit. If they voted for the Mormon they deserve it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Irreverent Maximus wrote:
On 12/19/2013 2:14 PM, micky wrote:
On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 09:15:56 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

The difference between a dog and a cat is, you can kick a dog and
he=92ll k=
eep coming back and licking your hand

Are you sure about that?

How about the saying, Even a dog knows the difference between being
kicked and being tripped on.

but a cat will never come near you ag=
ain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-oVhu2fu20

Hui,
I wonder why word "white" is in there?
You mean dog is white or cat is white?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/19/2013 5:10 PM, NamPhong wrote:
snip...
Not only is it a crappy thing to do but several studies conducted in the
late 1970's concluded that military retirees bodies were chronologically
advanced by 12-15 years over their peers who did not serve within the
military. Methinks that one of the requirements for being allowed to run
for a government office is a valid DD-214 showing honorable active service
in the US military.

"Honorable?" Doesn't that automatically eliminate anybody who would
consider running for congress? Once you've stooped so low as to even
consider it, any honor you might have once possessed has certainly trickled
away and been replaced by power-mad avarice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12-21-2013, 16:51, BenignBodger wrote:
"Honorable?" Doesn't that automatically eliminate anybody who would
consider running for congress? Once you've stooped so low as to even
consider it, any honor you might have once possessed has certainly
trickled away and been replaced by power-mad avarice.

I was thinking that if every Congressman was ex-military, it would no
longer be seen as a dishonorable job. But then I got to thinking about
some of the ones who ARE ex-military, ....

Plus, if all Congressmen were ex-military, we might soon have a country
run BY the military.

And that's not sour grapes--I have an honorable discharge, and I spent
thirteen years in the Navy. (Technically sixteen, but I was inactive
the last three.)

--
Wes Groleau

Words of the Wild Wes
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/WWW

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/23/2013 1:32 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-21-2013, 16:51, BenignBodger wrote:
"Honorable?" Doesn't that automatically eliminate anybody who
would consider running for congress? Once you've stooped so low as
to even consider it, any honor you might have once possessed has
certainly trickled away and been replaced by power-mad avarice.

I was thinking that if every Congressman was ex-military, it would no
longer be seen as a dishonorable job. But then I got to thinking
about some of the ones who ARE ex-military, ....

Plus, if all Congressmen were ex-military, we might soon have a
country run BY the military.

And that's not sour grapes--I have an honorable discharge, and I
spent thirteen years in the Navy. (Technically sixteen, but I was
inactive the last three.)

Hey sailor, looking for a good time? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

You want to suck his cock - gay boy?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/23/2013 5:50 AM, Daring Dufas A Sock Of Killer Loon wrote:
You want to suck his cock - gay boy?

Of course not Killer Loon, I don't perform your depraved sexual
acts or your abuse of male chickens. I'm a pimp, you silly git. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/23/2013 1:32 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:

And that's not sour grapes--I have an honorable discharge, and I
spent thirteen years in the Navy. (Technically sixteen, but I was
inactive the last three.)

Hey sailor, looking for a good time? ^_^

TDD

Careful! Navy guys have a reputation for......

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

I haven't researched it. But, I suspect it was the
liberal Democrats who cut benefits tot he vets.

--
..
Christopher A. Young