Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Microwave question

I have a Panasonic Inverter microwave. I really like it, and it has
performed like a champ for years now. Now, with increasing frequency,
it will not start when I shut the door. Lifting the door up slightly
sometimes will get it to start on its own. Sometimes I have to repunch
the numbers. I seem to be able to get it to work, it just takes
fiddling with. Are there any adjustments that can be done? I am pretty
sure it has to do with the door closure apparatus/hooks/interlocks/ and
the plastic items that the hooks go into, and allow the circuit to be
complete so cooking can start. Is there anything in there to be
lubricated? Any way to file the hooks down a tad to make them drop down
just enough to make it work? Help appreciated.

Steve