Posted to alt.home.repair
Irreverent Maximus Irreverent Maximus is offline

Default Microwave question

On 12/18/2013 10:17 PM, SteveB wrote:
I have a Panasonic Inverter microwave. I really like it, and it has
performed like a champ for years now. Now, with increasing frequency,
it will not start when I shut the door. Lifting the door up slightly
sometimes will get it to start on its own. Sometimes I have to repunch
the numbers. I seem to be able to get it to work, it just takes
fiddling with. Are there any adjustments that can be done? I am pretty
sure it has to do with the door closure apparatus/hooks/interlocks/ and
the plastic items that the hooks go into, and allow the circuit to be
complete so cooking can start. Is there anything in there to be
lubricated? Any way to file the hooks down a tad to make them drop down
just enough to make it work? Help appreciated.

Steve

This might be obvious, but if you don't know what you are doing, you
might just leave this to someone else. The steps to take with this
are potentially hazardous. What is your skill level with working
around items that have the potential to shock you, even when they are
unplugged?