Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how high glass-block shower wall

shower area is 3 x 7' with tile on 3 walls up to the ceiling. the walk-in
area is on the left of the 7' & the shower is on the right side on the 7'
area. glass block will go from the shower head side out for about
4'.....is that far enough? and is 5' high enough?
thanks for any and all advice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/14/2013 10:44 AM, Newf lover wrote:
shower area is 3 x 7' with tile on 3 walls up to the ceiling. the walk-in
area is on the left of the 7' & the shower is on the right side on the 7'
area. glass block will go from the shower head side out for about
4'.....is that far enough? and is 5' high enough?
thanks for any and all advice.

Most shower doors are 6' high. If you are average height and wash your
hair, how high will the water be splashing from your head?

I don't know for sure about the 4' but that may be ok. That may also
vary if you are going to have ceiling spray heads.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 15:44:02 +0000, Newf lover
wrote:

shower area is 3 x 7' with tile on 3 walls up to the ceiling. the walk-in
area is on the left of the 7' & the shower is on the right side on the 7'
area. glass block will go from the shower head side out for about
4'.....is that far enough? and is 5' high enough?
thanks for any and all advice.

Is the area used as a shower now? If so, you could see how high the
water splashes on that wall now. If not, it's a guess but I would
think 5' would be enough (assuming you don't have any 8' tall people
in the house). Four feet, maybe not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Ed Pawlowski , Newf lover wrote:
esp wrote:

Most shower doors are 6' high. If you are average height and wash your
hair, how high will the water be splashing from your head?
I don't know for sure about the 4' but that may be ok. That may also
vary if you are going to have ceiling spray heads.

Thanks for your input. We are enlarging 3 x 3 shower to 3 x 7. Current
shower door is 6' & no spash-over problem. We will aim for 6' but might
be a little over depending on size of blocks. Had to remeasure after your
answer because I didn't add base into equation, and we won't have that
base with glass block. Thank you! Shower head will come out of wall &
there will also be a hand-held adjustable height shower. Now we have to
decide on grab bars.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to krw , Newf lover wrote:
krw wrote:

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 15:44:02 +0000, Newf lover
Is the area used as a shower now? If so, you could see how high the
water splashes on that wall now. If not, it's a guess but I would
think 5' would be enough (assuming you don't have any 8' tall people
in the house). Four feet, maybe not.

Thanks for your input. We will go with 6' high & probably 4' or a little
more for the width.

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

Grab bars in a shower can be very useful...and fun.
Posted to alt.home.repair

esp wrote:

Most shower doors are 6' high. If you are average height and wash your
hair, how high will the water be splashing from your head?
I don't know for sure about the 4' but that may be ok. That may also
vary if you are going to have ceiling spray heads.

Thanks for your input. We are enlarging 3 x 3 shower to 3 x 7. Current
shower door is 6' & no spash-over problem. We will aim for 6' but might
be a little over depending on size of blocks. Had to remeasure after your
answer because I didn't add base into equation, and we won't have that
base with glass block. Thank you! Shower head will come out of wall &
there will also be a hand-held adjustable height shower. Now we have to
decide on grab bars.

--

Grab bars in a shower can be very useful...and fun.

Olive oil bath with a hottie?