Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How long does it take hazard lights to kill a vehicle's battery?

The vehicle in question is this one:

http://www.halshydraulics.com/sites/...ulldozer03.jpg

Last night I came home from work around 5 PM and noticed that one of the
two Cats they're using for the gas main project in my neighborhood had its
hazard lights flashing. I tried the crew chief's cell phone, but it's his
work cell, and I guess he doesn't answer it after hours. I knew from
previous conversations that they are done at 3:30.

Later, around 9:30, when SWMBO and I were walking the dogs, we walked past
the Cat and I decided to try the door. It wasn't locked, so I climbed in
and turned the hazard lights off. The best I can guess is that they were on
for about 6 hours.

When I left for work this morning, both Cats were gone, so either they
jumped one with the other or the battery was fine.

Anybody know how long the battery in a Cat like that would last with the
hazard lights on?