Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

Default Nearly three feet

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 20:00:56 +0000, Adam Funk

On 2013-11-04, Tony Cooper wrote:

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 14:00:33 +0000, Adam Funk

On 2013-11-04, Tony Cooper wrote:

The "air potato" is one of the most invasive plants found in Florida.
The vine grows up on and strangles every tree that it is near. The
vine grows very rapidly.

It produces tubers that resemble potatoes. These fall to the ground
and start a new plant. I have pick up literally hundreds from the
yard in a year's time because I have a wooded area that's part of the
property.

I don't think I'd heard of that plant until today. I giggled a little
because it reminded me of "air biscuit".

It's Florida's version of Kudzu.

I thought Florida had actual kudzu.

We may be so blessed, but I'm not aware of it as a problem in Central
Florida. Of course, if it's like the air potato vine, I may wake up
tomorrow and find my house engulfed.

I wonder about a kudzu plant and an air potato plant fighting over the
same tree. Which would win, and would the winner strangle the loser?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On 2013-11-04, Tony Cooper wrote:

[...]

LOL That's funny!

--
Jenn

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 5 Nov 2013 03:10:20 +0000 (UTC), Lewis
wrote:

In message
Steve Hayes wrote:
On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 00:28:38 -0500, Tony Cooper
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 00:02:32 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

On 11/03/13 06:49 pm, Tony Cooper wrote:

I just bought a grabber from Harbor Freight Tools. On the box it
says, "Extends your reach by nearly 3 feet." I measured the
distance between the end of my thumb and the end of the grabber. The
distance was less than 28 inches. I think that something described
as "nearly" should be at least 90 percent of the size/length of what
it is being compared to. Ninety percent of 36 is 32.4.
Twenty-eight is less than 78 percent of 36.

I think that Harbor Freight Tools is being deceptive when they
describe this grabber. What do you think?

The tool is made in a country where the people's feet are much smaller
than American feet.

But the "Chinese foot" measure is actually 1.094ft.

You have obviously not purchased shoes made in certain countries
recently. If you take a size 9 in an American shoe, you will need a
size 10 or 10.5. Obviously, this is because the maker's feet were
smaller. Their lasts are based on their feet.

My feet seem to have kept growing.

From ages 13-30 I used to take size 8.

Now only size 11 will do.

Did you change shoe-size scales around the age of 30?

Yes, we went metric.

But those sizes had three digits, and they soon went back to single digit
sizes, but the old ones were too small.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On 03/11/2013 22:51, Daniel Prince wrote:
I think that Harbor Freight Tools is being deceptive when they
describe this grabber. What do you think?

I agree with the "deceptive". I can see their logic; they are using
"feet" as an integer quantity. So "one foot" is nowhere near three feet,
but "two feet" is nearly three.

I use a related deception by saying that my age is nearer to 60 than it
is to 50. I could equally say that I'm nearer 50 than 40, but that
deception is more obvious upon inspection (of my face).

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

Daniel Prince filted:

I just bought a grabber from Harbor Freight Tools. On the box it
says, "Extends your reach by nearly 3 feet." I measured the
distance between the end of my thumb and the end of the grabber. The
distance was less than 28 inches. I think that something described
as "nearly" should be at least 90 percent of the size/length of what
it is being compared to. Ninety percent of 36 is 32.4.
Twenty-eight is less than 78 percent of 36.

I think that Harbor Freight Tools is being deceptive when they
describe this grabber. What do you think?

How many feet does the grabber extend your reach?..."more than two" is enough
for them to call it "nearly three"....r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

Tony Cooper filted:

On 2013-11-04, Tony Cooper wrote:

It's Florida's version of Kudzu.

I thought Florida had actual kudzu.

We may be so blessed, but I'm not aware of it as a problem in Central
Florida. Of course, if it's like the air potato vine, I may wake up
tomorrow and find my house engulfed.

I wonder about a kudzu plant and an air potato plant fighting over the
same tree. Which would win, and would the winner strangle the loser?

I wouldn't advise doing the experiment...they may decide to join forces....

Arizona's version of kudzu is apparently the quagga mussel....r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

Default A year's time

On 05.11.13 13:38, Lewis wrote:
In message
Steve Hayes wrote:
On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 00:35:37 -0500, Tony Cooper
wrote:

It produces tubers that resemble potatoes. These fall to the ground
and start a new plant. I have pick up literally hundreds from the
yard in a year's time because I have a wooded area that's part of the
property.

To me, "a year's time" means 4 Nov 2014.

But you used the present tense, suggesting that you are picking them up now,
rather than in a year's time.

"In a year's time" means that over the course of a year (any year) he
picks up hundreds of them from the yard.

That's obviously what he means, but it's not idiomatic for me. I would
say what you did for that meaning, not "in a year's time", which
suggests to me a year in the future, as it does for Steve.

--
Lifelong resident of Adelaide, South Australia
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 20:36:25 +1030, annily wrote:

On 05.11.13 13:38, Lewis wrote:
wrote:

It produces tubers that resemble potatoes. These fall to the ground
and start a new plant. I have pick up literally hundreds from the
yard in a year's time because I have a wooded area that's part of the
property.

To me, "a year's time" means 4 Nov 2014.

But you used the present tense, suggesting that you are picking them up now,
rather than in a year's time.

"In a year's time" means that over the course of a year (any year) he
picks up hundreds of them from the yard.

That's obviously what he means, but it's not idiomatic for me. I would
say what you did for that meaning, not "in a year's time", which
suggests to me a year in the future, as it does for Steve.

Is this yet another pondian difference?

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On 05/11/13 14:08, Lewis wrote:
wrote:

It produces tubers that resemble potatoes. These fall to the ground
and start a new plant. I have pick up literally hundreds from the
yard in a year's time because I have a wooded area that's part of the
property.

To me, "a year's time" means 4 Nov 2014.

But you used the present tense, suggesting that you are picking them up now,
rather than in a year's time.

"In a year's time" means that over the course of a year (any year) he
picks up hundreds of them from the yard.

Translation into my language: "over the course of a year".

--
Peter Moylan, Newcastle, NSW, Australia. http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On 05/11/13 07:49, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 11/3/2013 4:51 PM, Daniel Prince wrote:
I just bought a grabber from Harbor Freight Tools. On the box it
says, "Extends your reach by nearly 3 feet." I measured the
distance between the end of my thumb and the end of the grabber. The
distance was less than 28 inches. I think that something described
as "nearly" should be at least 90 percent of the size/length of what
it is being compared to. Ninety percent of 36 is 32.4.
Twenty-eight is less than 78 percent of 36.

I think that Harbor Freight Tools is being deceptive when they
describe this grabber. What do you think?

I think you're the reason the Foot Long Hot Dog stands at the fair now have
"About a" in parentheses before their name.

Subway sells foot-long sandwiches that are about ten inches long.

--
Peter Moylan, Newcastle, NSW, Australia. http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 3, 2013 5:51:11 PM UTC-5, Daniel Prince wrote:
I just bought a grabber from Harbor Freight Tools. On the box it

says, "Extends your reach by nearly 3 feet." I measured the

distance between the end of my thumb and the end of the grabber. The

distance was less than 28 inches. I think that something described

as "nearly" should be at least 90 percent of the size/length of what

it is being compared to. Ninety percent of 36 is 32.4.

Twenty-eight is less than 78 percent of 36.

I think that Harbor Freight Tools is being deceptive when they

describe this grabber. What do you think?

--

When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.

After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few

seconds to several minutes. His favorite are the ones that

rattle. He'll play with any ball that makes noise.

They sell a lot of Chicago bull****.

Violently overthrow the US religious government.
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

Tony Cooper filted:

On 2013-11-04, Tony Cooper wrote:

It's Florida's version of Kudzu.

I thought Florida had actual kudzu.

We may be so blessed, but I'm not aware of it as a problem in Central
Florida. Of course, if it's like the air potato vine, I may wake up
tomorrow and find my house engulfed.

I wonder about a kudzu plant and an air potato plant fighting over the
same tree. Which would win, and would the winner strangle the loser?

I wouldn't advise doing the experiment...they may decide to join forces....

Arizona's version of kudzu is apparently the quagga mussel....r

Do you get many of those in your garden?

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

Tony Cooper filted:

On 2013-11-04, Tony Cooper wrote:

It's Florida's version of Kudzu.

I thought Florida had actual kudzu.

We may be so blessed, but I'm not aware of it as a problem in Central
Florida. Of course, if it's like the air potato vine, I may wake up
tomorrow and find my house engulfed.

I wonder about a kudzu plant and an air potato plant fighting over the
same tree. Which would win, and would the winner strangle the loser?

I wouldn't advise doing the experiment...they may decide to join
forces....

Arizona's version of kudzu is apparently the quagga mussel....r

Do you get many of those in your garden?

Rising damp can be a real problem.

--
Les (BrE)
Wenn's Arscherl brummt, is Herzerl g'sund (anon)

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On 2013-11-05, R H Draney wrote:

Arizona's version of kudzu is apparently the quagga mussel....r

Do you get many of those in your garden?

Rising damp can be a real problem.

Nonsense, Miss Jones!

--
Master Foo once said to a visiting programmer: "There is more
Unix-nature in one line of shell script than there is in ten
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On 11/5/2013 2:30 AM, R H Draney wrote:
Daniel Prince filted:

I just bought a grabber from Harbor Freight Tools. On the box it
says, "Extends your reach by nearly 3 feet." I measured the
distance between the end of my thumb and the end of the grabber. The
distance was less than 28 inches. I think that something described
as "nearly" should be at least 90 percent of the size/length of what
it is being compared to. Ninety percent of 36 is 32.4.
Twenty-eight is less than 78 percent of 36.

I think that Harbor Freight Tools is being deceptive when they
describe this grabber. What do you think?

How many feet does the grabber extend your reach?..."more than two" is enough
for them to call it "nearly three"....r

Using the words "nearly three" *sounds* more positive than using another
word like say "almost three".

--
Jenn

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 23:23:38 +1100, Peter Moylan
wrote:

On 05/11/13 14:08, Lewis wrote:
wrote:

It produces tubers that resemble potatoes. These fall to the ground
and start a new plant. I have pick up literally hundreds from the
yard in a year's time because I have a wooded area that's part of the
property.

To me, "a year's time" means 4 Nov 2014.

But you used the present tense, suggesting that you are picking them up now,
rather than in a year's time.

"In a year's time" means that over the course of a year (any year) he
picks up hundreds of them from the yard.

Translation into my language: "over the course of a year".

Or for me, simply "in a year".

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 14:51:11 -0800, Daniel Prince
wrote:

I just bought a grabber from Harbor Freight Tools. On the box it
says, "Extends your reach by nearly 3 feet." I measured the
distance between the end of my thumb and the end of the grabber. The
distance was less than 28 inches. I think that something described
as "nearly" should be at least 90 percent of the size/length of what
it is being compared to. Ninety percent of 36 is 32.4.
Twenty-eight is less than 78 percent of 36.

I think that Harbor Freight Tools is being deceptive when they
describe this grabber. What do you think?

Harbor Freight dont sell tools, they sell garbage. I wouldn't give them
one cent of my money.

But if I was you, I'd contact them, and tell them you want the missing
10 inches. If they refuse, get a good lawyer and sue the **** out of
them.

10 inches is 10 inches and many women would die to get 10 inches!

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

* Jenn:

On 11/5/2013 2:30 AM, R H Draney wrote:
Daniel Prince filted:

I just bought a grabber from Harbor Freight Tools. On the box it
says, "Extends your reach by nearly 3 feet." I measured the
distance between the end of my thumb and the end of the grabber. The
distance was less than 28 inches. I think that something described
as "nearly" should be at least 90 percent of the size/length of what
it is being compared to. Ninety percent of 36 is 32.4.
Twenty-eight is less than 78 percent of 36.

I think that Harbor Freight Tools is being deceptive when they
describe this grabber. What do you think?

How many feet does the grabber extend your reach?..."more than two" is enough
for them to call it "nearly three"....r

When my son is still up at 10:15, my wife reminds him that it's 11
and he should be in bed. I understand that she uses hyperbole, but
I am still wondering how she expected him to learn the clock this
way.

Using the words "nearly three" *sounds* more positive than using another
word like say "almost three".

But it is in fact only "almost nearly three feet" (it would be
nearly three feet if it was just a little longer).

--
The Internet? Is that thing still around? - Homer Simpson
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

* Peter Moylan:

On 05/11/13 07:49, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 11/3/2013 4:51 PM, Daniel Prince wrote:
I just bought a grabber from Harbor Freight Tools. On the box it
says, "Extends your reach by nearly 3 feet." I measured the
distance between the end of my thumb and the end of the grabber. The
distance was less than 28 inches. I think that something described
as "nearly" should be at least 90 percent of the size/length of what
it is being compared to. Ninety percent of 36 is 32.4.
Twenty-eight is less than 78 percent of 36.

I think that Harbor Freight Tools is being deceptive when they
describe this grabber. What do you think?

I think you're the reason the Foot Long Hot Dog stands at the fair now have
"About a" in parentheses before their name.

Subway sells foot-long sandwiches that are about ten inches long.

Metric feet?

I believe in this country the size is labelled "12 inch".

--
*Multitasking* /v./ Screwing up several things at once
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 18:43:45 +0200, Steve Hayes
wrote:

On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 23:23:38 +1100, Peter Moylan
wrote:

On 05/11/13 14:08, Lewis wrote:
wrote:

It produces tubers that resemble potatoes. These fall to the ground
and start a new plant. I have pick up literally hundreds from the
yard in a year's time because I have a wooded area that's part of the
property.

To me, "a year's time" means 4 Nov 2014.

But you used the present tense, suggesting that you are picking them up now,
rather than in a year's time.

"In a year's time" means that over the course of a year (any year) he
picks up hundreds of them from the yard.

Translation into my language: "over the course of a year".

Or for me, simply "in a year".

Which, on this side of the pond, would be on 11/06/2014. "Over the
course of a year", means that between now and 11/06/2014...

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

Oliver Cromm wrote:
* Jenn:

[...]

true! So, why do we still talk that way?

--
Jenn

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

(alt.home.repair dropped)

Peter Moylan:
Subway sells foot-long sandwiches that are about ten inches long.

Oliver Cromm:
Metric feet?

I believe in this country the size is labelled "12 inch".

I don't think so. In 2012 a Subway was one of the places I was going
for lunch semi-regularly, and I remember the name "foot-long" because it
contrasted with the simple "large" at Tim Hortons. Of course, it might
have changed since then. I never measured them, but the Subway ones
did look about a foot long to my eyes; the ones at Tim Hortons (since
discontinued) were shorter but thicker.

I looked at http://www.subway.ca, but while they are most eager to show
you nutritional and other details for the "standard 6-inch" size, I found
no reference to the larger size at all. However, a Google search

allintext: 12-inch OR foot-long OR footlong site:subway.ca

turned up a number of results, the first page of which all had "footlong"
or "foot-long" in the given excerpts.
--
Mark Brader |"It's bad enough that this... font doesn't distinguish
Toronto | between I and l, but I'd never had a problem with V before!"
| -- Steve Summit

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

Mark Brader:
(alt.home.repair dropped)

Well, apparently I mean I *meant* to drop it. Sorry.
Followups directed to alt.usage.english this time, at least.
--
Mark Brader | "Warning! Drinking beer, wine or spirits during
Toronto | pregnancy can harm your baby." (City of Toronto
| notice in restaurant washrooms--men's and women's)
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On 2013-11-06, Oliver Cromm wrote:

* Peter Moylan:

[...]

A metric foot would be 30 cm, wouldn't it?

--
Unix is a user-friendly operating system. It's just very choosy about
its friends.

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

* Adam Funk:

On 2013-11-06, Oliver Cromm wrote:

* Peter Moylan:

Subway sells foot-long sandwiches that are about ten inches long.

Metric feet?

I believe in this country the size is labelled "12 inch".

A metric foot would be 30 cm, wouldn't it?

I wasn't serious above - normally, "metric" implies multiples of
10. I was not aware that "metric foot" is actually used for a, how
do you call it, transition measure?

--
It wouldn't be a bad country if only we could kick out the ****ing
pig Americans, eh?
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

In article ,
Oliver Cromm wrote:
* Adam Funk:

On 2013-11-06, Oliver Cromm wrote:

* Peter Moylan:

Subway sells foot-long sandwiches that are about ten inches long.

Metric feet?

I believe in this country the size is labelled "12 inch".

A metric foot would be 30 cm, wouldn't it?

I wasn't serious above - normally, "metric" implies multiples of
10. I was not aware that "metric foot" is actually used for a, how
do you call it, transition measure?

It is certainly what timber merchants use." transition" - possibly, but
it's been with us for rather too long for that.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

charles wrote:

In article ,
Oliver Cromm wrote:
* Adam Funk:

On 2013-11-06, Oliver Cromm wrote:

* Peter Moylan:

Subway sells foot-long sandwiches that are about ten inches long.

Metric feet?

I believe in this country the size is labelled "12 inch".

A metric foot would be 30 cm, wouldn't it?

I wasn't serious above - normally, "metric" implies multiples of
10. I was not aware that "metric foot" is actually used for a, how
do you call it, transition measure?

It is certainly what timber merchants use." transition" - possibly, but
it's been with us for rather too long for that.

A ligneous equivalent of the grocer's thumb.

--
Les (BrE)

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

* charles:

In article ,
Oliver Cromm wrote:
* Adam Funk:

On 2013-11-06, Oliver Cromm wrote:

* Peter Moylan:

Subway sells foot-long sandwiches that are about ten inches long.

Metric feet?

I believe in this country the size is labelled "12 inch".

A metric foot would be 30 cm, wouldn't it?

I wasn't serious above - normally, "metric" implies multiples of
10. I was not aware that "metric foot" is actually used for a, how
do you call it, transition measure?

It is certainly what timber merchants use." transition" - possibly, but
it's been with us for rather too long for that.

The pound was first defined to be 500*g in Germany in the 1850s. A
good hundred years later, it ceased to be an allowed measure in
trade. It is now slowly vanishing from everyday language. So,
maybe 100-200 years is realistic for this kind of transition.

--
The Eskimoes had fifty-two names for snow because it was important
to them, there ought to be as many for love.

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 13:47:53 -0500, Oliver Cromm
wrote:

* charles:

In article ,
Oliver Cromm wrote:
* Adam Funk:

On 2013-11-06, Oliver Cromm wrote:

* Peter Moylan:

Subway sells foot-long sandwiches that are about ten inches long.

Metric feet?

I believe in this country the size is labelled "12 inch".

A metric foot would be 30 cm, wouldn't it?

I wasn't serious above - normally, "metric" implies multiples of
10. I was not aware that "metric foot" is actually used for a, how
do you call it, transition measure?

It is certainly what timber merchants use." transition" - possibly, but
it's been with us for rather too long for that.

The pound was first defined to be 500*g in Germany in the 1850s. A
good hundred years later, it ceased to be an allowed measure in
trade. It is now slowly vanishing from everyday language. So,
maybe 100-200 years is realistic for this kind of transition.

Big difference there; you had before unification a good many measures,
roughly but not exactly equal, with the same name. Standardizing
-them- was the first step.

ANMcC
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On 2013-11-06, Oliver Cromm wrote:

* Peter Moylan:

[...]

Or 290mm.

When South Africa went metric in 1971 the price of building rose, because
metric bricks were smaller and took longer to lay. Then a brickmaker
introduced the M290 brick, whose longest dimension was 290mm, which made it
bigger than the old Imperial bricks.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 13:39:06 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 07:27:01 +0200, Steve Hayes
wrote:

wrote:

On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 23:23:38 +1100, Peter Moylan
wrote:

On 05/11/13 14:08, Lewis wrote:
wrote:

It produces tubers that resemble potatoes. These fall to the ground
and start a new plant. I have pick up literally hundreds from the
yard in a year's time because I have a wooded area that's part of the
property.

To me, "a year's time" means 4 Nov 2014.

But you used the present tense, suggesting that you are picking them up now,
rather than in a year's time.

"In a year's time" means that over the course of a year (any year) he
picks up hundreds of them from the yard.

Translation into my language: "over the course of a year".

Or for me, simply "in a year".

Which, on this side of the pond, would be on 11/06/2014. "Over the
course of a year", means that between now and 11/06/2014...

Depending on which side of which pond you happen to be on.

Um, which is why I prefaced it with "on this side of the pond...".

For which values of "this"?

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

Tony Cooper wrote:

Don't, if it's that blue plastic one. I bought one. There are better
ones available.

Are the blue ones of poorer quality than the original Gopher(tm)
brand red ones?

I use one - a better one, now - when I pick up the fallen branches,
pine cones, and potato plants from my yard before mowing the grass.

Could you please tell me which one you use, where you got it and how
it is better?
--
When a cat sits in a human's lap both the human and the cat are usually
happy. The human is happy because he thinks the cat is sitting on him/her

Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 03:02:55 -0800, Daniel Prince
wrote:

Tony Cooper wrote:

Don't, if it's that blue plastic one. I bought one. There are better
ones available.

Are the blue ones of poorer quality than the original Gopher(tm)
brand red ones?

Dunno. I've only seen the blue one at Harbor Freight.

I use one - a better one, now - when I pick up the fallen branches,
pine cones, and potato plants from my yard before mowing the grass.

Could you please tell me which one you use, where you got it and how
it is better?

It has an aluminum shaft, better grip, and much better grasping jaws.
I don't remember where I purchased it, though. I think it was about
$15.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On 2013-11-08, Steve Hayes wrote:

When South Africa went metric in 1971 the price of building rose, because
metric bricks were smaller and took longer to lay. Then a brickmaker
introduced the M290 brick, whose longest dimension was 290mm, which made it
bigger than the old Imperial bricks.

The standard British brick now is 215 × 102.5 × 65 mm; if you use the
standard 10 mm joints, the length is twice the width or 3× the height.
(I think the joints were smaller with the Imperial size.)

--
Unix is a user-friendly operating system. It's just very choosy about
its friends.

Garage height...8 feet or 10 feet? [email protected] Home Repair 40 October 5th 17 10:08 AM
2 FEET shock current UK diy 2 August 9th 09 01:39 PM
Feet or No Feet watchec Woodworking 0 April 26th 08 07:49 AM
Feet or No Feet [email protected] UK diy 0 April 19th 08 10:28 PM
Feet or No Feet [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 19th 08 11:09 AM