Posted to alt.home.repair

Default rejuvanating shoe polish

replying to Ashton Crusher, Steve wrote:
demi wrote:

I bought some shoe polish kits with the tin of polish at the bottom
and a large cap that holds the applicator and rag. I only used them a
couple times but the polish is already dried out. Anyone have any
suggestions for what to put in the polish to make it soft again so
it's usable.

Just add enough naptha or mineral spirits to dampen the top, you can use
it right away and keep adding if it gets dry. this works for kiwi.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...sh-368852-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

demi wrote:

I bought some shoe polish kits with the tin of polish at the bottom
and a large cap that holds the applicator and rag. I only used them a
couple times but the polish is already dried out. Anyone have any
suggestions for what to put in the polish to make it soft again so
it's usable.

Just add enough naptha or mineral spirits to dampen the top, you can use
it right away and keep adding if it gets dry. this works for kiwi.

My army-ROTC roommate in college always set his shoe polish on fire and
then put it out with the tin lid before polishing his boots. Actually
worked like a charm, and whenever I can be arsed to polish anything i do
the same to this day.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 06:01:54 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

My army-ROTC roommate in college always set his shoe polish on fire and
then put it out with the tin lid before polishing his boots.

I did the same thing for over 25 years.

Dip a Kiwi brush in the wet (melted polish) polish and get it on,
polish and spit

http://cdn2.sulitstatic.com/images/2012/1005/074256777_074010955307741270c6e2b675db4a9b83d3a3e7 b1b192e09.jpg

--
Army Mechanized Infantry Artillery
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My army-ROTC roommate in college always set his shoe polish on fire and
then put it out with the tin lid before polishing his boots.

I did the same thing for over 25 years.

Dip a Kiwi brush in the wet (melted polish) polish and get it on,
polish and spit

http://cdn2.sulitstatic.com/images/2012/1005/074256777_074010955307741270c6e2b675db4a9b83d3a3e7 b1b192e09.jpg

It was a happy day when we graduated from boot camp and transferred to the
training center. The PX sold Corframs and we were allowed to wear them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Gloss-...-/310431445104
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My army-ROTC roommate in college always set his shoe polish on fire and
then put it out with the tin lid before polishing his boots.

I did the same thing for over 25 years.

Dip a Kiwi brush in the wet (melted polish) polish and get it on,
polish and spit

http://cdn2.sulitstatic.com/images/2012/1005/074256777_074010955307741270c6e2b675db4a9b83d3a3e7 b1b192e09.jpg

It was a happy day when we graduated from boot camp and transferred to the
training center. The PX sold Corframs and we were allowed to wear them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Gloss-...-/310431445104

Yuck. Those make your feet sweat?!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10-31-2013, 19:16, DerbyDad03 wrote:
It was a happy day when we graduated from boot camp and transferred to the
training center. The PX sold Corframs and we were allowed to wear them.

I think the brand name is actually Corfam, but I could be wrong.

In the Navy one day, the Chief Gunner's Mate was wearing a pair standing
in some hydraulic fluid in the gun mount. An officer looking in asked,
"Won't that stuff damage your shoes?" (Surprising that he hadn't heard
of Corfams.)

Chief just B.S.ed, "No, sir. In fact, hydraulic fluid is what I use to
get them so shiny."

You guessed it--the officer ruined a pair of leather shoes following
that "advice"

--
Wes Groleau

Expert, n.:
Someone who comes from out of town and shows slides.

Shoe storage Nige Danton[_2_] UK diy 5 June 3rd 10 12:52 AM
Shoe Polish followup Gerald Ross Woodturning 1 February 9th 07 10:35 PM
Shoe polish paste [email protected] Woodturning 0 July 5th 06 12:05 PM
Alternative To Shoe Polish Buck Turgidson Home Repair 12 May 4th 06 01:55 PM
Has anyone tried the mop shoe? ggg Home Ownership 3 November 16th 04 05:07 AM