Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I pulled a Halloween prank on my gas company!

Each year I treat the neighborhood kids to a yard full of Halloween
decorations. I set up a mini cemetery watched over by couple of skeletons
sitting on a bench. I've got ghouls hanging on poles, a leaf-stuffed farmer
under a lawn mower, a bloody guy in a wheel barrel, etc. I have a bunch of
styrofoam heads from a beauty supply shop that I put masks on and use as
heads for the "people" in my display.

Well, it turns out that yesterday was the day that our utility chose to
start replacing the gas main on my street. Last night I came home from work
to find a bunch of heavy equipment park on my street. I also found a small
hole, about 1 cubic foot, in the middle of my display. I assume they were
looking for a shutoff or something.

I grabbed a head from my stash, put a ghoulish mask on it and screwed a
large stuffed spider to the side of the face. The head fit perfectly in the
hole, just below ground level. I wish I could have been there this morning
when the workers showed up. I hope they got a laugh out of it.

About mid-morning my neighbor texted me a picture of the guys using small
backhoe right in front of my cemetery with the comment "They're looking for
the bodies!"

Well last night I came home from work to a small hole, about 1 cubic foot,
in the middle of my display. I assume they were looking for a shutoff or
something.

Gov. Walker's prank call Hawke[_3_] Metalworking 1 February 26th 11 01:48 AM
Prank Nonny Home Repair 11 May 1st 10 09:23 PM
Best prank to date! Oh, there be metal! Tom Gardner[_2_] Metalworking 36 February 12th 08 02:47 AM
Dust collector prank... lex Woodworking 6 November 8th 05 09:06 PM
Prank? Joe Webster Electronics 3 November 27th 03 07:13 PM