lex

Default Dust collector prank...

A long long time ago I told ya'll about a prank a few of us played on a
buddy of ours... (and got a bunch of replies about what a dick I was for
doing this to an friend and blah, blah, blah... Anyway,)

Every Thursday night 4 buddies of mine come over to my shop to drink
beer, make sawdust, have a few laughs and occasionally blow something
up. (Please no preaching about how beer, blades and explosives don't
mix) When I first set up my shop, one of my first purchases was a D/C.
One of the regulars to the Old Hippy Workshop thought the D/C was a
pretty cool item, and just had to get one. Well, I make more saw dust
in an evening than he makes in a month, so his D/C is mainly used to
suck dust bunnies out of his truck. (kind of a neat freak) Every time
my D/C got emptied, the rest of us kind of took to giving him the
business about when is he going to clean his? Made for some good
laughs... He said he had dust elves that cleaned his unit out at night,
and therefore he didn't have to worry about it.

About a year after he had his D/C installed, one of his other buddies
and I let ourselves into his shop, and filled his machine with my
sawdust. It took 5 - 6 months for him to figure out why he had such
lousy suction. He immediately called me on the phone and said that he
didnt't want to hear any more crap about emptying his D/C. He even
took pictures and emailed them to us proudly displaying his dust collection.

Well, that wasn't enough for the rest of us, so mid June 2004 we made a
plaque which read " This sawdust made with pride by the Old Hippy
Workshop" we each burned our logos into the plaque, and hung a picture
of ourselves under it... said plaque put under the secondary bag, and
both the primary and secondary refilled with the dust from 2 systems.
(Yeah, we packed it in pretty tight!)

For the last year and a half, (I still can't believe it took that long,
I empty mine every 90 days or so...) we have teased him mercilessly,
and this weekend, FINALLY, he emptied it out and found the plaque... He
had himself a great laugh! Can't wait till Thurs. night, should be a
riot!!! Only thing is that when the laughing is over, he will start
plotting paybacks... whatever it is, I'm sure it will be just a funny!!!!

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:03:12 -0600, lex wrote:

A long long time ago I told ya'll about a prank a few of us played on a
buddy....

___snip___

....., he will start
plotting paybacks... whatever it is, I'm sure it will be just a funny!!!!

you guys are worse than the wreck. dontcha know that goofing off is
off topic for a workshop?
rickluce

Maybe he'll take the bolt off your table saw blade.

Teamcasa

"lex" wrote in message
ervers.com...
[...]

Sounds suspiciously like the old story of the guy who claimed his new car
got better mileage than all of his neighbors. Well, the neighbors wanting
to silence the loud mouth, feed the guys new car with extra gasoline each
night for about 2 months. The neighbor was up to 70 miles a gallon for a
while, bragging incessantly. Then the neighbors reversed the process,
removing a gallon or two each night.

The neighbor was suddenly quite. He kept returning the car to the
dealership ranting on the lousy 3 mile a gallon he was now getting. After
extensive testing, the dealer said he could not find any fuel problems and
sent the guy home. The neighbor never did find out why the fluxuation, but
he was now a complacent neighbor.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Pop

:
: A long long time ago I told ya'll about a prank a few of us
played on a
: buddy....
:
: ___snip___
: you guys are worse than the wreck. dontcha know that goofing
off is
: off topic for a workshop?

It IS? You mean to say, that NO ONE in a "rec"reational
woodworking group EVER goes out to his shop to just putter, goof
off and relax, maybe recreate a bit? Jeez, I've had a wrong
impression all these years! ;-}=

Pop

vdubbs

Pop wrote:
wrote in message
: On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:03:12 -0600, lex wrote:
:
: A long long time ago I told ya'll about a prank a few of us
played on a
: buddy....
:
: ___snip___
: you guys are worse than the wreck. dontcha know that goofing
off is
: off topic for a workshop?

It IS? You mean to say, that NO ONE in a "rec"reational
woodworking group EVER goes out to his shop to just putter, goof
off and relax, maybe recreate a bit? Jeez, I've had a wrong
impression all these years! ;-}=

Pop

At least you don't tell SWMBO that you are goofing off!! LOL

max

We used to do that with gas in my bosses gas tank. He used to carefully plot
his gas mileage in his old Barracuda. I started adding gas a little at a
time until he was getting 40 mpg. I then started removing gas until he was
getting 8 mpg. When I finally told him he was very confused. He didn't know
if he wanted to kill me or laugh at it.
max