Teamcasa

Default Dust collector prank...

"lex" wrote in message
ervers.com...
A long long time ago I told ya'll about a prank a few of us played on a
buddy of ours... (and got a bunch of replies about what a dick I was for
doing this to an friend and blah, blah, blah... Anyway,)

Every Thursday night 4 buddies of mine come over to my shop to drink beer,
make sawdust, have a few laughs and occasionally blow something up.
(Please no preaching about how beer, blades and explosives don't mix)
When I first set up my shop, one of my first purchases was a D/C. One of
the regulars to the Old Hippy Workshop thought the D/C was a pretty cool
item, and just had to get one. Well, I make more saw dust in an evening
than he makes in a month, so his D/C is mainly used to suck dust bunnies
out of his truck. (kind of a neat freak) Every time my D/C got emptied,
the rest of us kind of took to giving him the business about when is he
going to clean his? Made for some good laughs... He said he had dust
elves that cleaned his unit out at night, and therefore he didn't have to
worry about it.

About a year after he had his D/C installed, one of his other buddies and
I let ourselves into his shop, and filled his machine with my sawdust.
It took 5 - 6 months for him to figure out why he had such lousy suction.
He immediately called me on the phone and said that he didnt't want to
hear any more crap about emptying his D/C. He even took pictures and
emailed them to us proudly displaying his dust collection.

Well, that wasn't enough for the rest of us, so mid June 2004 we made a
plaque which read " This sawdust made with pride by the Old Hippy
Workshop" we each burned our logos into the plaque, and hung a picture of
ourselves under it... said plaque put under the secondary bag, and both
the primary and secondary refilled with the dust from 2 systems. (Yeah, we
packed it in pretty tight!)

For the last year and a half, (I still can't believe it took that long, I
empty mine every 90 days or so...) we have teased him mercilessly, and
this weekend, FINALLY, he emptied it out and found the plaque... He had
himself a great laugh! Can't wait till Thurs. night, should be a riot!!!
Only thing is that when the laughing is over, he will start plotting
paybacks... whatever it is, I'm sure it will be just a funny!!!!

Sounds suspiciously like the old story of the guy who claimed his new car
got better mileage than all of his neighbors. Well, the neighbors wanting
to silence the loud mouth, feed the guys new car with extra gasoline each
night for about 2 months. The neighbor was up to 70 miles a gallon for a
while, bragging incessantly. Then the neighbors reversed the process,
removing a gallon or two each night.

The neighbor was suddenly quite. He kept returning the car to the
dealership ranting on the lousy 3 mile a gallon he was now getting. After
extensive testing, the dealer said he could not find any fuel problems and
sent the guy home. The neighbor never did find out why the fluxuation, but
he was now a complacent neighbor.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com