Electronics (alt.electronics)

Joe Webster

Default Prank?

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to think of a prank to pull on a coworker. I'm thinking
something along the lines of a loud pop with a bright flash. A bonus would
be to throw in some paper chads (from a hole punch) and have those go
flying? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe

tim kettring

Joe ,

Yeah , and probably get fired for it only . ( if he doesnt have a heart-attack )

tim....( to e-mail reply , delete the " 5 " from posted address )

"Joe Webster" wrote in message news:OG%gb.47255$AH4.18132@lakeread06...
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to think of a prank to pull on a coworker. I'm thinking
something along the lines of a loud pop with a bright flash. A bonus would
be to throw in some paper chads (from a hole punch) and have those go
flying? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe

Bob

Yeah, but sounds like fun. We used to put a capacitor in an extension cord
and run it into someone's room. When they were in there (normally reading a
book), we would turn on the wall switch and there would be a rather loud
bang.... since the capacitor has insulation in it, this creates a nice snow
effect in the room also.

Now, the politically correct thing to add is that this is potentially
dangerous for a variety of reasons, including the heart attack thing, so
don't try it at home.... we were all young stoopid army technicians with
nothing better to do.... I wouldn't listen to me at all, I was trained by
someone that used to tell the difference between 120VAC and 240VAC by how
far up his arm the shock went before it threw him off... (now that is
stoopid).