Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Prank

My earlier post about the leaking faucet reminded me of a prank my
kids pulled on my wife many, many years back. Perhaps it'll
inspire you to have some fun as well. Back then, our kitchen sink
had a typical faucet, with a separate dish sprayer. My kids
decided to place rubber bands around the thumb lever of the dish
sprayer, so that it was continually on. When placed in the sink
opening, it was almost impossible to notice the rubber bands.

The next morning, Mrs. Nonny went to the sink to fill the coffee
maker, fliping on the cold water. Rather than running out the
faucet, the water sprayed horizontally from the dish sprayer,
hitting her in the face and chest. It was not something she
expected or appreciated. Of course, both kids were grounded. . .
and that lasted about 30 seconds.

--
Nonny
On most days,

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Apr 29, 6:31*pm, "Nonny" wrote:
My earlier post about the leaking faucet reminded me of a prank my
kids pulled on my wife many, many years back. *Perhaps it'll
inspire you to have some fun as well. *Back then, our kitchen sink
had a typical faucet, with a separate dish sprayer. *My kids
decided to place rubber bands around the thumb lever of the dish
sprayer, so that it was continually on. *When placed in the sink
opening, it was almost impossible to notice the rubber bands.

The next morning, Mrs. Nonny went to the sink to fill the coffee
maker, fliping on the cold water. *Rather than running out the
faucet, the water sprayed horizontally from the dish sprayer,
hitting her in the face and chest. *It was not something she
expected or appreciated. *Of course, both kids were grounded. . .
and that lasted about 30 seconds.

I did that to my mom back in the early 70's.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nonny wrote:
My earlier post about the leaking faucet reminded me of a prank my kids
pulled on my wife many, many years back. Perhaps it'll inspire you to
have some fun as well. Back then, our kitchen sink had a typical
faucet, with a separate dish sprayer. My kids decided to place rubber
bands around the thumb lever of the dish sprayer, so that it was
continually on. When placed in the sink opening, it was almost
impossible to notice the rubber bands.

The next morning, Mrs. Nonny went to the sink to fill the coffee maker,
fliping on the cold water. Rather than running out the faucet, the
water sprayed horizontally from the dish sprayer, hitting her in the
face and chest. It was not something she expected or appreciated. Of
course, both kids were grounded. . . and that lasted about 30 seconds.

When I was in nursing school, living in a dorm, I played a trick on
others in the dorm. Six or eight other students were in a room down the
hall, playing pinochle with the door closed. It had been quite a while
since anyone stirred up trouble, so I thought that I should. I got a
bucket of water and a sheet of cardboard, lined the cardboard up against
the opening under the door and poured water so it flowed down the
cardboard onto the floor. I knew everyone usually was sitting on beds
to play cards, so it was a while before I heard the reaction. It took
quite a while for them to find me, but they did.

Then, there is saran wrap placed across the toilet bowl, under the seat.
Or taking out dresser drawers, turning them upside-down, and stuffing
everything back in. Last day of school...sterilize a new, stainless
steel bedpan. While it is still hot, dump in a bunch of chocolate
kisses, melt, stir a bit. Stick some tongue depressors in the chocolate
and place the bedpan at the nurses desk to serve )
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nonny wrote:
My earlier post about the leaking faucet reminded me of a prank my kids
pulled on my wife many, many years back. Perhaps it'll inspire you to
have some fun as well. Back then, our kitchen sink had a typical
faucet, with a separate dish sprayer. My kids decided to place rubber
bands around the thumb lever of the dish sprayer, so that it was
continually on. When placed in the sink opening, it was almost
impossible to notice the rubber bands.

The next morning, Mrs. Nonny went to the sink to fill the coffee maker,
fliping on the cold water. Rather than running out the faucet, the
water sprayed horizontally from the dish sprayer, hitting her in the
face and chest. It was not something she expected or appreciated. Of
course, both kids were grounded. . . and that lasted about 30 seconds.

My oldest brothers alarm clock was set to a radio station and at full
volume. He would take 5 minutes to actually shut it off or hit the
sleep button. One morning I took my FM mike, tuned it to his favorite
radio station, and clipped the antenna to the plumbing. Like normal his
radio was blasting away and between commercials I turned on the FM mike.
Then talking like they did on FM in the 80's, soft, smooth and mellow,
I picked todays $1000 winner. Yes it was my brother. I ran the phone
number passed real fast. I heard all kinds of noise and banging around
from his bedroom. When he told us what happened and I explained my
role, besides being ****ed off, he said he got up and in his confusion
ran into a brick wall looking for a pen to write down the phone number.
;-) 35 years later he still tells people that story, and well I suppose
I do also.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nonny wrote:
My earlier post about the leaking faucet reminded me of a prank my kids
pulled on my wife many, many years back. Perhaps it'll inspire you to
have some fun as well. Back then, our kitchen sink had a typical
faucet, with a separate dish sprayer. My kids decided to place rubber
bands around the thumb lever of the dish sprayer, so that it was
continually on. When placed in the sink opening, it was almost
impossible to notice the rubber bands.

The next morning, Mrs. Nonny went to the sink to fill the coffee maker,
fliping on the cold water. Rather than running out the faucet, the
water sprayed horizontally from the dish sprayer, hitting her in the
face and chest. It was not something she expected or appreciated. Of
course, both kids were grounded. . . and that lasted about 30 seconds.

I put an exploding load in what I thought were my brother's smokes.
My brother walked by holding his pack and I realized that it was my
father's cigarettes I had booby trapped. I started tearing cancer
sticks apart trying to find the smokers surprise when my pop (no pun)
walked by and snatched the pack away from me while heading for his
recliner. A short time later I heard the sound I feared which was
the very cigarette he picked blowing up in his mouth. The language
he yelled was that which he used when he was a sergeant in the army.
It was so funny, he couldn't do anything to me.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 29, 6:31*pm, "Nonny" wrote:
[...]

After a few too many caused the members of our camping party to sleep
rather well one night, I spread black ash from the campfire on
everybody's face, including mine, but not on the one member of our
party who was notorious for pulling pranks on our crew.

His protests the next morning were not believed.

I hope none of them read this NG!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony" wrote in message
Nonny wrote:
[...]

Imagine a small country town with a local radio station. At Noon
each day, the announcer would dial a number and ask a Noon Time
Quiz question to some random soul. The prize was usually a $5
gift certificate etc. My buddy's father had a law practice over a
store on the town square and the window overlooked a telephone
booth. My buddy and I hung around the office until the father
left for lunch, then commandeered the window and his telephone.
Around Noon, we waited until some poor, dumb-looking, soul would
be near the phone booth, then make our own Noon Time Quiz call to
the pay phone. The victim answered, as we had hoped. I asked
some really easy question and the target would hopefully give the
correct answer. Regardless, he would WIN and WIN BIG.

The prize was a 15 minute shopping spree at the grocery store
across the squa and A&P. The directions were simple. When he
hung up the telephone, the 15 minute shopping spree would begin.
He was to run across the town square and directly into the grocery
store. He was to shout out to all that he'd just won the Noon
Time Quiz. He had the remaining time to fill as many baskets as
he could with groceries and all the groceries that he could get
out the front door and onto the sidewalk by the time his 15
minutes had expired were his to keep. If someone tried to stop
him, he should just tell them he'd won the Noon Time Quiz.

We then sat in the window watching as some poor soul would go
running across the square, shouting out that he'd won. He'd then
race into the grocery store and people would start to gather
outside. Within 5-10 minutes, the police would arrive, usually
after the first of several carts full of meat and produce would be
pushed out the door to the sidewalk.

OB repair: when the person finished, there was a need to repair
the screen door on the grocery store.

--
Nonny
On most days,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 29, 8:27*pm, "
wrote:

My husband did one at college where he'd unscrew the shower head,
stuff in one of those rootbeer barrel candies, and screw the shower
head back on. Sometimes the next guy in the shower didn't notice
until he was toweling off and the towel stuck to his back.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nonny wrote:

"Tony" wrote in message
Nonny wrote:
[...]

Good one! A bit risky if the police and store manager weren't so
understanding.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Lisa BB. wrote:

Picture it - a family dinner - my brother:

Before the dinner he opened the box of paper cups. Carefully made
some cuts in the bottom section. He put the cups back in the box so
our mom didn't know what happened.

Cups were on the table and then filled with punch. While still on the
table the punch stayed in the cups. People would take a full cup and
walk around and shortly thereafter, the punch began to spill out the
bottom.

A small company I worked for used those small plastic cups with a hard plastic
holder for their coffee. People were supposed to drop a dime in another cup on
the counter to pay for their coffee. The money started disappearing. Someone
finally figured out that someone was sticking a cup in a holder, setting it on
the counter, and filling up the money cup with coffee and walking away with it.
They used a pin to make a hole in the bottom of the money cup, and followed the
line of drips to discover the culprit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Movie: Private Benjamin. RIT fabric dye in the shower head
of the post Captain.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus