Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sub-zero 650 dri pan water overflow

Hi, I have a Sub-zero 650 fridge whose drip pan has water overflow. Every night it has 1/4 volume of the water in the drip pan and the water never goes away, after a couple of nights it caused overflow and had already made my floor wet. Need advice about what happened and how could I fix it.

Thanks a lot!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/22/2013 11:55 PM, Hilbert wrote:
Hi, I have a Sub-zero 650 fridge whose drip pan has water overflow.
Every night it has 1/4 volume of the water in the drip pan and the
water never goes away, after a couple of nights it caused overflow
and had already made my floor wet. Need advice about what happened
and how could I fix it.

Thanks a lot!

Hilbert, there could be a leaky door gasket which would let humidity
containing air get into the fridge. In a case like that, there will
excessive ice buildup which will melt during the defrost cycle thus
causing an overflow of the drain pan. Many refrigerators have part of
the condenser tubing coiled up in the drain pan to heat and evaporate
the condensate. When I serviced commercial refrigeration which had a
problem with too much condensate overflowing the drain pan, I installed
a pan heater which would evaporate the water in the pan. In your case,
there could be dirt buildup in the drain pan and cleaning it out could
take care of the problem but make sure the door gaskets are sealing
especially for the freezer section. Let us know what you find. ^_^

TDD