Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator (fridge side) not cooling

Freezer is fine on side-by-side but fridge side is warm.

What are the possible things to look for?

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:17:52 PM UTC-4, noname wrote:
Freezer is fine on side-by-side but fridge side is warm.

What are the possible things to look for?

Thanks.

Initial debug.

1. Coils in freezer don't look frozen.
2. Frost in the automatic ice tray which it odd.
3. If I open the freezer door cool air comes in to the fridge from the fan duct.
4. If I close the freezer door cool air stops coming into the freezer.
5. Fans seem to be running.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/8/2013 5:17 PM, noname wrote:
Freezer is fine on side-by-side but fridge side is warm.

What are the possible things to look for?

Thanks.

Blocked air flow.
Bad evap fan
Defrost cycle problems.

Did you do a web search for refrigerator troubleshooting?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/8/2013 5:29 PM, noname wrote:

Initial debug.

1. Coils in freezer don't look frozen.
2. Frost in the automatic ice tray which it odd.
3. If I open the freezer door cool air comes in to the fridge from the fan duct.
4. If I close the freezer door cool air stops coming into the freezer.
5. Fans seem to be running.

What brand? Is it GE / Hotpoint by any chance?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:59:33 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/8/2013 5:29 PM, noname wrote:

Initial debug.

1. Coils in freezer don't look frozen.

2. Frost in the automatic ice tray which it odd.

3. If I open the freezer door cool air comes in to the fridge from the fan duct.

4. If I close the freezer door cool air stops coming into the freezer.

5. Fans seem to be running.

What brand? Is it GE / Hotpoint by any chance?

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

Whirlpool. About 10 years old. Frost in the ice tray, hard to tell if there is frost in the evaporator coils. Air only blows into the fridge if I open the freezer door. Compressor sounds fine.
Thoughts?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/8/2013 6:25 PM, noname wrote:

Whirlpool. About 10 years old. Frost in the

ice tray, hard to tell if there is frost in the
evaporator coils. Air only blows into the fridge
if I open the freezer door. Compressor sounds fine.
Thoughts?

Whirlpool is my favorite brand of appliances. Yes,
I do repair some appliances. Simple, and the parts
are not killer expensive like GE.

From what you describe, I'm thinking defrost problems.
Is there snow on the back wall of the freezer?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:33:58 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/8/2013 6:25 PM, noname wrote:

Whirlpool. About 10 years old. Frost in the

ice tray, hard to tell if there is frost in the

evaporator coils. Air only blows into the fridge

if I open the freezer door. Compressor sounds fine.

Thoughts?

Whirlpool is my favorite brand of appliances. Yes,

I do repair some appliances. Simple, and the parts

are not killer expensive like GE.

From what you describe, I'm thinking defrost problems.

Is there snow on the back wall of the freezer?

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

Yes, some on the outside of the evaporator panel and in the ice tray. Pulling off the panel is a pain but it looks a bit frosted. For sure I only get cold air into the fridge from the cooling intake when I open the freezer door.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/8/2013 2:17 PM, noname wrote:
Freezer is fine on side-by-side but fridge side is warm.

What are the possible things to look for?

Thanks.

Three times in my life, I spent money on fixing a fridge. All three
times, I got screwed. Yesterday, I picked up a nearly new Amana HUGE
freezer for $125. I do know that they are just machines, and as such, a
knowledgeable person can fix a timer, or some simple component, and get
many more years of service. Just not me. Ymmv.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/8/2013 6:55 PM, noname wrote:

Yes, some on the outside of the evaporator

panel and in the ice tray. Pulling off the
panel is a pain but it looks a bit frosted.
For sure I only get cold air into the fridge
from the cooling intake when I open the freezer
door.

Now, all you need to do is determine why it's failing
to defrost, and treat that problem.

-
..
Christopher A. Young