Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help! Giant mushrooms destroying driveway!!

I have some strange mushroom-colored things sprouting out of the grass in an area where a maple tree was cut down a couple of years ago. These things look mushroom colored, but are just bulbous protrusions, varying in size from a cucumber up to a large orange,sticking up out of the ground. And, they are tough, it takes a small hand axe to break them off below the ground. If the lawnmower hits them, there is a sproing sound and pieces go flying like you cut a softball.

I will try to get a couple of photos and post links to the photos tomorrow. These things are weird!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:00:00 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I have some strange mushroom-colored things sprouting out of the grass in an area where a maple tree was cut down a couple of years ago. These things look mushroom colored, but are just bulbous protrusions, varying in size from a cucumber up to a large orange,sticking up out of the ground. And, they are tough, it takes a small hand axe to break them off below the ground. If the lawnmower hits them, there is a sproing sound and pieces go flying like you cut a softball.

I will try to get a couple of photos and post links to the photos tomorrow. These things are weird!!!

You guys might want to xpost to rec.gardens.

HB

Help! Giant mushrooms destroying driveway!! [email protected] Home Repair 0 September 14th 13 04:17 PM
Mushrooms! Many Types, Random Locations DerbyDad03 Home Repair 4 June 29th 13 02:24 AM
Destroying it yourself Tabby UK diy 42 December 14th 10 09:33 PM
Destroying it yourself Roberts UK diy 1 December 12th 10 11:40 PM
Mushrooms on ceiling [email protected] UK diy 10 October 12th 05 07:09 AM