DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help! Giant mushrooms destroying driveway!! (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/362055-re-help-giant-mushrooms-destroying-driveway.html)

[email protected] September 15th 13 04:00 AM

Help! Giant mushrooms destroying driveway!!

I have some strange mushroom-colored things sprouting out of the grass in an area where a maple tree was cut down a couple of years ago. These things look mushroom colored, but are just bulbous protrusions, varying in size from a cucumber up to a large orange,sticking up out of the ground. And, they are tough, it takes a small hand axe to break them off below the ground. If the lawnmower hits them, there is a sproing sound and pieces go flying like you cut a softball.

I will try to get a couple of photos and post links to the photos tomorrow. These things are weird!!!

Higgs Boson[_2_] September 15th 13 08:24 PM

On Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:00:00 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I have some strange mushroom-colored things sprouting out of the grass in an area where a maple tree was cut down a couple of years ago. These things look mushroom colored, but are just bulbous protrusions, varying in size from a cucumber up to a large orange,sticking up out of the ground. And, they are tough, it takes a small hand axe to break them off below the ground. If the lawnmower hits them, there is a sproing sound and pieces go flying like you cut a softball.

I will try to get a couple of photos and post links to the photos tomorrow. These things are weird!!!

You guys might want to xpost to rec.gardens.

HB