Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Garbage Disposal Recommendations???

Just going through a kitchen remodel and need to purchase a new
disposal. I've been looking at makes/models/prices/features/etc and
it appears they all do just about the same thing.

So, before I plunge I thought I would ask the group for
recommendations?
I'd like to keep the purchase cost $300.

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/21/2013 8:13 AM, BobMCT wrote:
Just going through a kitchen remodel and need to purchase a new
disposal. I've been looking at makes/models/prices/features/etc and
it appears they all do just about the same thing.

So, before I plunge I thought I would ask the group for
recommendations?
I'd like to keep the purchase cost $300.

Thanks

I have had good luck with 'In-Sink-Erator' brand, assuming you are not
talking about a garbage compactor, but one that goes in the sink drain.
Easy to install and works well. Don't know current pricing but 5-6 years
or so ago it was less than $300 though I don't remember the exact price.

I have had Sears models in the past, not so good luck with their
offerings, you may get 5 years, I didn't. The fittings tend to rust out.

One good point about In-Sink-Erator is the rubber cover (that prevents
utensils from washing in) lifts right out for easy cleaning. This also
makes it easy to push large loads (a heap of potato peels for example)
into the mouth of the opening.

Grind up a whole lemon once in a while to keep the insides smelling fresh.

John
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 08:13:20 -0400, BobMCT
wrote:

Just going through a kitchen remodel and need to purchase a new
disposal. I've been looking at makes/models/prices/features/etc and
it appears they all do just about the same thing.

So, before I plunge I thought I would ask the group for
recommendations?
I'd like to keep the purchase cost $300.

Thanks

I've had Kitchen Aid for the past 30 years in this house. InSinkErator
in my last. Both are made by the same outfit. I prefer batch feed
models.

Do a Google search on the model you want. I entered KBDS100T and
found price differences of over $100. KCDS100T has less range of
price, about $340
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 08:44:52 -0400, John wrote:

[...]

I agree on the 'In-Sink-Erator' disposal. Mine is ~9 years old and
has been trouble free.
Posted to alt.home.repair

John wrote:
[...]

+1 on the In-Sink-Erator suggestion. Look at the Evolution series.

http://www.insinkerator.com/en-us/Ho...ion-Excel.aspx

Mine is so quiet I sometimes forget it's on until I turn the water off.
When I installed one for my elderly parents, I used a lighted switch so
that they would have a visual indication that the disposer was on.

Stay away from the Badger series. I believe that's their entry level units
which will be louder, smaller, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Just going through a kitchen remodel and need to purchase a new

disposal. I've been looking at makes/models/prices/features/etc and

it appears they all do just about the same thing.

So, before I plunge I thought I would ask the group for

recommendations?

I'd like to keep the purchase cost $300.

Thanks

I've had Kitchen Aid for the past 30 years in this house. InSinkErator

in my last. Both are made by the same outfit. I prefer batch feed

models.

Do a Google search on the model you want. I entered KBDS100T and

found price differences of over $100. KCDS100T has less range of

price, about $340

I have experience with Insinkerator and Waste King. For similar models,
Insinkerator is about $170, vs $90 for the WasteKing. I have an
Insinkerator for about 10 years now, still working fine. A friend
just replaced one of the cheaper Insinkerators that a builder installed
that was just 6 years old and kaput. He went with the WasteKing.

For the price difference, I think the WK is a good deal. It's highly
rated in the online ratings I saw. Some differences though:

The WK doesn't have the easy hang type of mounting that Insinkerator
does. I don't think it's a big deal, it's still very easy to install.
Upon installation, the first time you turn it on, or if it's been
sitting and is totally empty, the WK has a metallic clunk sound when
it first starts. Sounds like the metal heads moving out. If there
is stuff in it, as you'd normally use it, not much difference in the
startup noise. But I'd still say the Insinkerator is quieter overall.
WK has a long, in home warranty and is made in the USA. Not sure where
Insink is made.

Also, with any of them, be aware that some come with cords attached,
some do not. The WK came with a cord and had to take that off to
install it.

And as John pointed out, the Insink, at least some of them if not all,
have a removable rubber baffle in the throat. WK does not. Having it
removable is nice, when you drop something inside you can just pull it
out to make it easy to get your hand inside. Or to clean it, though
I can't say I've had to do that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

BobMCT wrote:
Just going through a kitchen remodel and need to purchase a new
disposal. I've been looking at makes/models/prices/features/etc and
it appears they all do just about the same thing.

So, before I plunge I thought I would ask the group for
recommendations?
I'd like to keep the purchase cost $300.

Thanks

Hi,
I always used ISE brand with good luck. Never had problem once
installed. Their customer service is IMO, second to none. Real
warm body with excellent knowledge answer the phone pretty quick.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/21/2013 9:44 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
John wrote:
[...]

The material the sink is made of has an impact on noise as well.
Stainless sinks tend to be way noisier (vibration) running a disposal
than a heavier material like cast iron/porcelain.

John
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 08:13:20 -0400, BobMCT wrote:

I'd like to keep the purchase cost $300.

See also Consumer Reports, but I found them rather unhelpful:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/g...-disposers.htm

All I know is only from a recent purchase.
1) I'd get stainless steel innards; but I don't personally know
if that makes it last any longer.
2) I'd get 3/4 HP; but most seem to do just fine with 1/2 HP.
3. My 3/4 HP stainless steel "elements" cost $179 + tax, so,
about $200, and that comes with the sink hardware and the
exit elbow. Add $5 for caulking & $15 for a power cord.

Note: I didn't shop at all as my repair for a friend was an
emergency replacement (the old one was leaking). So I
simply bought it at the nearest store. You should be able
to get a better price than I did for a 3/4 HP SS model.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 06:29:22 -0700, Oren wrote:

I agree on the 'In-Sink-Erator' disposal. Mine is ~9 years old and
has been trouble free.

CR recommended this 1 HP Waste King Legend 8000TC at $230:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/a...c-99019617.htm

I would have bought that, except it wasn't in the hardware store
that I went to, and it was an emergency, so my options were few.

But the OP has time to order his online.

$230 1 HP Waste King Legend 8000TC garbage disposal
$15 power cord
$5 plumbers putty
------
$250 (+ shipping/tax)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 08:13:20 -0400, BobMCT wrote:

Just going through a kitchen remodel and need to purchase a new
disposal. I've been looking at makes/models/prices/features/etc and
it appears they all do just about the same thing.

According to Consumer Reports, they all do just about the same thing,
but, there are two wholly different types.

Continuous-feed models Pros:
These garbage disposers are easiest to use, since you can push new
waste in as the old waste is ground up and washed down the drain.
Continuous-feed models Cons:
Their open filler necks pose a greater risk to small hands and
can allow bone shards and other scraps to fly out. You'll typically
need to have an electrician hard-wire and mount the power switch,
since these usually aren't corded. You should also hold the supplied
stopper at an angle over the drain as a shield while it's running.

Batch-feed models Pros:
These require you to load them with waste before turning down the
stopper to activate the blades. Because the stopper keeps food in
and fingers out, batch-feed models are safest, especially for
families with kids. Most simply plug into an outlet.
Batch-feed models Cons:
These tend to cost more and can require more time to get the job done.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/g...ying-guide.htm

Which kind are you looking at, and why?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 14:54:24 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

Batch-feed models Pros:
These require you to load them with waste before turning down the
stopper to activate the blades. Because the stopper keeps food in
and fingers out, batch-feed models are safest, especially for
families with kids. Most simply plug into an outlet.
Batch-feed models Cons:
These tend to cost more and can require more time to get the job done.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/g...ying-guide.htm

Which kind are you looking at, and why?

I've had batch fed for decades. One big reason is that there was no
switch installed and I did not have to do that work. Made my own power
cord and put a receptacle surface mounted under the sink. The DW uses
one side of it too. Never had a time problem from doing batches. If
I have that much to get rid of, it goes on the compost pile or in the
trash rather than down the drain.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Danny D." wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 08:13:20 -0400, BobMCT wrote:

I'd like to keep the purchase cost $300.

See also Consumer Reports, but I found them rather unhelpful:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/g...-disposers.htm

All I know is only from a recent purchase.
1) I'd get stainless steel innards; but I don't personally know
if that makes it last any longer.
2) I'd get 3/4 HP; but most seem to do just fine with 1/2 HP.
3. My 3/4 HP stainless steel "elements" cost $179 + tax, so,
about $200, and that comes with the sink hardware and the
exit elbow. Add $5 for caulking & $15 for a power cord.

Why $15 dollars for a cord? I wired mine through the wall switch with a
length of Romex.

And what exactly are you "caulking"? Do you mean plumber's putty for the
drain assembly? There's a big difference between caulk and plumber's putty.

BTW Where do you buy your supplies? A 6 cord, with connector for a GD, is
under $10 and a small tub of putty, enough to last you for years, is under
$2.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The removable baffle is a key feature.

The Kenmore I had had a permanent baffle. After a few years the baffle
started to deteriorate, maybe from retrieving soap bars, etc. That starts a
vicious cycle of more items falling in, more abuse to the baffle, even more
items falling in, and so on. I was actually happy when the Kenmore started
leaking.

Another advantage of the In-Sink-Erator baffle is it's sound reducing
ability. Take your's out and see how much more noise you hear.

So, less noise, less (almost no) items falling in, easy retrieval if they
do, etc.

I'd buy another In-sink-Erator in a heartbeat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
"Danny D." wrote:
[...]

I just reused the cord from old unit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 15:24:06 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Why $15 dollars for a cord? I wired mine through the wall switch with a
length of Romex.

Some disposals do not come with a power cord. Just salvage the old
cord and use it. The OP may need a power cord, depends if the unit
has one.

Under my sink is a wall receptacle. Top is switched for the GD and
the bottom is hot so the dishwasher is powered.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wow, Thanks for all the quick responses everyong.
My old one was an InSink and was direct wired/batch. For the new cabs
I installed a duplex on the wall split into a switched (GD) and
constant (DW). I already have a new power cord and plumbers putty.

Based on your recommendations I'm favoring the InSink. And will look
at the Evolution series for noise as the new sink is double bowl 18g
SS.

Thanks again all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 12:05:42 -0400, BobMCT
wrote:

And will look
at the Evolution series for noise as the new sink is double bowl 18g
SS.

Never used this but a fast check found:

"QUIET ANNOYING METAL SINK NOISE! Sink Silencer reduces the noise of
vibrating metal sinks and the sound vibration from garbage disposals.
Just peel and stick sound saver pads to instantly reduce sink noise."

http://www.gibraltarbrands.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=21&idcategory=10

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 15:24:06 +0000, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Why $15 dollars for a cord? I wired mine through the wall switch with a
length of Romex.

Mine was a repair for a friend, so I didn't have the time to shop so
I simply bought it at the nearest hardware store, which was ACE:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2822atu.png

Do you mean plumber's putty for the drain assembly?

My mistake. I was already chastised. To me, they were the same thing;
but I err. Yes, I'm talking about the plumbers putty for the drain.

BTW Where do you buy your supplies? A 6 cord, with connector for a GD, is
under $10 and a small tub of putty, enough to last you for years, is under
$2.

The correct cord, at ACE hardware, is $16 + ~$1.60 tax:
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1276688

If this was "my" home, I'd jury rig a cord out of whatever I wanted; but,
since this was for a friend, and since I couldn't anticipate all that I
would need (since I had never done this before), I had to buy what I
thought was needed ahead of time.

If the OP has *more time* to shop, they can get better equipment at a
lower price than I did. My main point was that it could be done for
less than $300, which was the op's original question.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 09:32:05 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:

I just reused the cord from old unit.

So did I, in the end (although I needed an additional
strain relief and wire nuts because the old ones had
to be destroyed to remove from the old unit).

But, it looks like the OP is buying new, which means
he will need a cord from *somewhere*.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 08:53:28 -0700, Oren wrote:

Under my sink is a wall receptacle. Top is switched for the GD and
the bottom is hot so the dishwasher is powered.

Yikes!

Now why hadn't you mentioned that sooner!
(not your fault)

I just realized that I arbitrarily plugged in the garbage
disposal on the lower outlet, of the wall receptacle inside
the kitchen undersink cabinet.

The dishwasher was on that lower outlet, but, I needed
an inch more of cord (because of the amount curled inside
the strain relief I guess) - so I swapped the two.

I had tested previously - by pushing the button - but I
had not tested afterward. Still, my friend hasn't complained.

Maybe *both* outlets are powered by the wall switch?
Naaah. Can't be. I wonder how come I didn't get a complaint
in my voice mail?

Maybe I unknowingly switched them back? Hmmm... hard to tell
from here, but, nobody complained. Yet, I had not realized,
until now, that that wall outlet must have the top switched
and the bottom permanent since the dishwasher was on the
bottom.

Hmmmmmm.... (gotta listen to you more often) ....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 09:24:33 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote
in Re New Garbage
Disposal Recommendations???:

wrote:

Just going through a kitchen remodel and need to purchase a new
disposal. I've been looking at makes/models/prices/features/etc and
it appears they all do just about the same thing.

So, before I plunge I thought I would ask the group for
recommendations?
I'd like to keep the purchase cost $300.

Thanks

I've had Kitchen Aid for the past 30 years in this house.

I used to swear by Kitchen Aid many years ago. During the past few
years I've been very disappointed by them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 14:20:03 -0500, CRNG
wrote:

I've had Kitchen Aid for the past 30 years in this house.

I used to swear by Kitchen Aid many years ago. During the past few
years I've been very disappointed by them.

Why? I've had my most recent one about a year and it performs very
well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 19:10:11 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 08:53:28 -0700, Oren wrote:

Under my sink is a wall receptacle. Top is switched for the GD and
the bottom is hot so the dishwasher is powered.

Yikes!

Now why hadn't you mentioned that sooner!
(not your fault)

Axe the right question and ya gets the right answers

I just realized that I arbitrarily plugged in the garbage
disposal on the lower outlet, of the wall receptacle inside
the kitchen undersink cabinet.

The dishwasher was on that lower outlet, but, I needed
an inch more of cord (because of the amount curled inside
the strain relief I guess) - so I swapped the two.

Flip the receptacle 180 degrees vertical in the box.

I had tested previously - by pushing the button - but I
had not tested afterward. Still, my friend hasn't complained.

Had the you plugged it on the non-switched side, the unit would run.

Maybe *both* outlets are powered by the wall switch?
Naaah. Can't be. I wonder how come I didn't get a complaint
in my voice mail?

Um, you figured it out?

Maybe I unknowingly switched them back? Hmmm... hard to tell
from here, but, nobody complained. Yet, I had not realized,
until now, that that wall outlet must have the top switched
and the bottom permanent since the dishwasher was on the
bottom.

Cord end plugs are molded differently. On mine I could not get the GD
and DW cord in the receptacle. Flip the receptacle in the box.

One cord had a nipple - stub - larger plug molding.

Hmmmmmm.... (gotta listen to you more often) ....

Never eat Muscadine grapes from the ground. Or mistake them for
raccoon poo.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

Never eat Muscadine grapes from the ground. Or mistake them for
raccoon poo.

Shouldn't it be "Never mistake raccoon poo for Muscadine grapes"?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Just going through a kitchen remodel and need to purchase a new
disposal. I've been looking at makes/models/prices/features/etc and
it appears they all do just about the same thing.

So, before I plunge I thought I would ask the group for
recommendations?
I'd like to keep the purchase cost $300.

Thanks

I buy the cheapest InSinkErator they make. Unless you are grinding up
dead bodies you don't need anything more. And teh cheap ones take up
less space. They usually develop a leak on the side from the casting
corroding after about 10 years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 00:14:52 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

They usually develop a leak on the side from the casting
corroding after about 10 years.

I, for one, have seen that happen on a cheap 1/2 HP unit
just last week!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7426/9...08089d74_c.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ashton Crusher Wrote in message:

I buy the cheapest InSinkErator they make. Unless you are grinding up
dead bodies you don't need anything more.

Unless you prefer a lot less noise from your disposal. It's up to
the user if 'almost silent' is worth the extra cost.

And teh cheap ones take up less space.

A lot of the "less space" is because of less noise insulation.
It's a trade off. More space under the sink means more noise
above the sink. Once again, that a choice the user can make,
assuming (s)he has all of the information upon which to base the
decision.

They usually develop a leak on the side from the casting
corroding after about 10 years.

Based on my experience, rusted out GD's is common across all
brands eventually.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://www.piaohong.tk/newsgroup
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 14:02:02 -0400, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Unless you prefer a lot less noise from your disposal. It's up to
the user if 'almost silent' is worth the extra cost.

The only problem I had was determining the noise level.
For example, the box may say "lower noise", but, what's that in
decibels or whatever they measure GD noise values by?

The Consumer Reports article on garbage disposal units
was (nearly) useless in this respect.

So, fundamentally, if you're comparing two garbage disposal
units at the hardware store (like I was), what do you have
to go by other than?

a) Brand (it seems these are highly incestuous, I bought ACE
since I was at an ACE store; but I highly doubt ACE has
anything to do with the manufacturer who is probably one
of the 'standard' manufacturers)
b) Price (I paid $179 + tax, for example)
c) Horsepower (I replaced a 1/2 HP GDU with a 3/4 HP GDU)
d) Warranty (I find these useless in most cases, so I ignore
unless the warranty turns out to be the *only* deciding factor)

Noise would be a great deciding factor, but, how do you know
which ones are quieter than others simply by looking at the
writing on the box?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Danny D." wrote:
....snip....

Noise would be a great deciding factor, but, how do you know
which ones are quieter than others simply by looking at the
writing on the box?

http://www.youtube.com/v/faSsKir-Ky4

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:42:12 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
"Danny D." wrote:

...snip....

Noise would be a great deciding factor, but, how do you know

which ones are quieter than others simply by looking at the

writing on the box?

http://www.youtube.com/v/faSsKir-Ky4

There is also the question of how much difference the noise level
makes to you. In the video, the Evolution is definitely quieter.
But how much is that worth? That depends on you and how much you
use it. While the noise of the std model is higher, it doesn't
bother me that much. I run mine every couple of days for 15 secs.
I guess if you're running it for 5 mins every day, then it could
matter a lot more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 22, 2013 9:14:52 PM UTC-10, Ashton Crusher wrote:

I buy the cheapest InSinkErator they make. Unless you are grinding up
dead bodies you don't need anything more. And teh cheap ones take up
less space. They usually develop a leak on the side from the casting
corroding after about 10 years.

On principle, I bought the second lowest power one in the line. Often the absolute bottom in any line takes desperate design compromises.

I regret it because wear and tear has reduced the power so it can't handle anything but the easiest or pre-chopped items. Some idiot (me) poured sandy mop water down that drain, and it apparently didn't all flush... and maybe sand got in the bearings in later grind episodes.

I also will keep it until it leaks. Then buy the third from the bottom power.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 16:29:21 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 00:14:52 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

They usually develop a leak on the side from the casting
corroding after about 10 years.

I, for one, have seen that happen on a cheap 1/2 HP unit
just last week!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7426/9...08089d74_c.jpg

That's not strictly because the unit was cheap. That's what happens
when you let garbage sit inside the disposal and hold water from
draining properly. It corrodes everything. That's why you had a
disposal with water leaking out the bottom, too much time with garbage
sitting in it holding water and corroding all the parts. Possibly a
$350 unit will withstand that kind of neglect longer but if you just
run the disposal every day or more to keep it flushed of all teh
garbage you won't have the problem. I see this with my rentals, just
like I see the drains clog. Same cheap disposal that will last me for
10 years is trashed by renters in two years because they let is sit
with garbage in it and let rocks, and coins, and pop tops and crap get
in it. I won't disagree that more expensive units might take the
abuse better, but if you don't abuse them the cheap ones are just
fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

dumbstruck wrote:
On Monday, July 22, 2013 9:14:52 PM UTC-10, Ashton Crusher wrote:

I buy the cheapest InSinkErator they make. Unless you are grinding up
dead bodies you don't need anything more. And teh cheap ones take up
less space. They usually develop a leak on the side from the casting
corroding after about 10 years.

On principle, I bought the second lowest power one in the line. Often the absolute bottom in any line takes desperate design compromises.

I regret it because wear and tear has reduced the power so it can't handle anything but the easiest or pre-chopped items. Some idiot (me) poured sandy mop water down that drain, and it apparently didn't all flush... and maybe sand got in the bearings in later grind episodes.

I also will keep it until it leaks. Then buy the third from the bottom power.

Hi,
My old unit never leaked. Dull grinder blades prompted me to replace.
Just untwist and drop it, move the cord twist back on. Hope it lasts
another ~15 years. y tehn maybe I won't be in this world, LOL!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 19:02:52 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

That's what happens
when you let garbage sit inside the disposal and hold water from
draining properly.

You're probably right.

That wasn't "my" garbage disposal unit, by the way.

I have three in my house, and all three have been there since
the day I bought the house and are in working order.

That rusted out one was at a friend's house, and it was 10
years old, and, likely, water filled it under a bit of pressure
because it apparently split the seam at the same time the
washing machine backed up, filling the same kitchen sink
with water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 21:42:12 +0000, DerbyDad03 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/v/faSsKir-Ky4

That was a cool video!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:50:43 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:

Dull grinder blades prompted me to replace.

How would one know that their blades are dull?

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:
On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:42:12 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
"Danny D." wrote:

...snip....

Noise would be a great deciding factor, but, how do you know

which ones are quieter than others simply by looking at the

writing on the box?

http://www.youtube.com/v/faSsKir-Ky4

There is also the question of how much difference the noise level
makes to you. In the video, the Evolution is definitely quieter.
But how much is that worth? That depends on you and how much you
use it. While the noise of the std model is higher, it doesn't
bother me that much. I run mine every couple of days for 15 secs.
I guess if you're running it for 5 mins every day, then it could
matter a lot more.

Not 5 mins every day, but certainly every day. Usually more than once, for
15-20 sec each.

We make sure it's been run before using the dishwasher. Dishwashers hate
draining through a GD full of soggy crap.

garbage disposal Dottie Home Repair 7 March 31st 08 11:21 PM
Garbage disposal Freckles[_2_] Home Repair 8 August 4th 07 04:53 AM
Garbage disposal recommendations? [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 7th 05 05:22 PM
garbage disposal recommendations Scot Home Repair 4 April 2nd 04 03:58 AM
garbage disposal badgolferman Home Repair 1 August 31st 03 06:41 AM