Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default New Garbage Disposal Recommendations???

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 19:10:11 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 08:53:28 -0700, Oren wrote:

Under my sink is a wall receptacle. Top is switched for the GD and
the bottom is hot so the dishwasher is powered.

Yikes!

Now why hadn't you mentioned that sooner!
(not your fault)

Axe the right question and ya gets the right answers

I just realized that I arbitrarily plugged in the garbage
disposal on the lower outlet, of the wall receptacle inside
the kitchen undersink cabinet.

The dishwasher was on that lower outlet, but, I needed
an inch more of cord (because of the amount curled inside
the strain relief I guess) - so I swapped the two.

Flip the receptacle 180 degrees vertical in the box.

I had tested previously - by pushing the button - but I
had not tested afterward. Still, my friend hasn't complained.

Had the you plugged it on the non-switched side, the unit would run.

Maybe *both* outlets are powered by the wall switch?
Naaah. Can't be. I wonder how come I didn't get a complaint
in my voice mail?

Um, you figured it out?

Maybe I unknowingly switched them back? Hmmm... hard to tell
from here, but, nobody complained. Yet, I had not realized,
until now, that that wall outlet must have the top switched
and the bottom permanent since the dishwasher was on the
bottom.

Cord end plugs are molded differently. On mine I could not get the GD
and DW cord in the receptacle. Flip the receptacle in the box.

One cord had a nipple - stub - larger plug molding.

Hmmmmmm.... (gotta listen to you more often) ....

Never eat Muscadine grapes from the ground. Or mistake them for
raccoon poo.