Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default New Garbage Disposal Recommendations???

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 15:24:06 +0000, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Why $15 dollars for a cord? I wired mine through the wall switch with a
length of Romex.

Mine was a repair for a friend, so I didn't have the time to shop so
I simply bought it at the nearest hardware store, which was ACE:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2822atu.png

Do you mean plumber's putty for the drain assembly?

My mistake. I was already chastised. To me, they were the same thing;
but I err. Yes, I'm talking about the plumbers putty for the drain.

BTW Where do you buy your supplies? A 6 cord, with connector for a GD, is
under $10 and a small tub of putty, enough to last you for years, is under
$2.

The correct cord, at ACE hardware, is $16 + ~$1.60 tax:
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1276688

If this was "my" home, I'd jury rig a cord out of whatever I wanted; but,
since this was for a friend, and since I couldn't anticipate all that I
would need (since I had never done this before), I had to buy what I
thought was needed ahead of time.

If the OP has *more time* to shop, they can get better equipment at a
lower price than I did. My main point was that it could be done for
less than $300, which was the op's original question.