Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Three way lamp socket

Anyone have a source/brand name for a quality three way light socket?

Being a bit more precise ... for a lamp.

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 20:54:19 -0400, Pointer
wrote:

Anyone have a source/brand name for a quality three way light socket?

Being a bit more precise ... for a lamp.

Thanks

What Doug said.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pointer wrote:
Anyone have a source/brand name for a quality three way light socket?

Being a bit more precise ... for a lamp.

Thanks

Call a couple of lighting stores AKA "design centers". Many of them have
electrical parts counters where the contractors buy their supplies. You
might find some decent quality sockets there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pointer wrote:
Anyone have a source/brand name for a quality three way light socket?

Being a bit more precise ... for a lamp.

Thanks

Hi,
If you can find a vintage NOS even used one at flea market or garage
sale. That is best. I have one on my lamp post and never have problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/19/2013 8:54 PM, Pointer wrote:
Anyone have a source/brand name for a quality three way light socket?

Being a bit more precise ... for a lamp.

Thanks

I've been buying all my lamp parts from a place in New Haven, Ct. called
Grand Brass. They sell a very nice quality, well designed 3 way socket.
shipping is pricey, so you need to buy a few items to make it pay.
Online site: grandbrass.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" wrote in message
On 7/19/2013 8:54 PM, Pointer wrote:
Anyone have a source/brand name for a quality three way light socket?

Being a bit more precise ... for a lamp.

Thanks

I've been buying all my lamp parts from a place in New Haven, Ct. called
Grand Brass. They sell a very nice quality, well designed 3 way socket.
shipping is pricey, so you need to buy a few items to make it pay. Online
site: grandbrass.com

A second vote for Grand Brass. Sturdy stuff.

Tomsic

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/20/2013 7:47 PM, Tomsic wrote:
"RBM" wrote in message
On 7/19/2013 8:54 PM, Pointer wrote:
Anyone have a source/brand name for a quality three way light socket?

Being a bit more precise ... for a lamp.

Thanks

I've been buying all my lamp parts from a place in New Haven, Ct. called
Grand Brass. They sell a very nice quality, well designed 3 way socket.
shipping is pricey, so you need to buy a few items to make it pay. Online
site: grandbrass.com

A second vote for Grand Brass. Sturdy stuff.

Tomsic

Thanks for the brand recommendation.

Don

Three way lamp socket Pointer Home Repair 2 July 20th 13 12:35 AM
Fluorescent Lamp socket Mojo Jojo Home Repair 2 September 18th 08 12:50 AM
Lamp far from socket plug Senin Home Repair 22 September 5th 08 04:55 AM
Lamp Socket Question Mud Home Repair 9 November 25th 05 04:16 AM
Fix for halogen lamp socket? Zak Electronics Repair 21 May 1st 05 05:11 PM