Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fluorescent Lamp socket

One of the bi-pin lamp socket is damaged and I need to replace it. I
bought new sockets but here the problem.

The damaged socket has three wires (two white and a silver)
Two wires, silver/white, are connected at the front of socket, same as
new one, but other white one goes inside of the socket in the back of
socket. In the newer one there's no place for it.

Do I need to open it up and insert that wire there somehow? I'm
confused. The fluorescent lamp fixture is really old.

Please help.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 17, 1:42*pm, Mojo Jojo wrote:
One of the bi-pin lamp socket is damaged and I need to replace it. I
bought new sockets but here the problem.

The damaged socket has three wires (two white and a silver)
Two wires, silver/white, are connected at the front of socket, same as
new one, but other white one goes inside of the socket in the back of
socket. In the newer one there's no place for it.

*Do I need to open it up and insert that wire there somehow? I'm
confused. The fluorescent lamp fixture is really old.

Please help.

I think its a ground, a Chinese fukin ground, that should of been damn
GREEN, I personaly would ignore it, but test for shock since the cheap
ass chinese as still ****in with any body.. A case in point, 18 months
ago Chinese were found out to be putting Melamine in food products to
boost Nitrogen levels to fake protein count and killed our pets, 18
months later these ****ers are still killing people and have not been
stopped from poisoning babies in their OWN country. What a backward -
payoff- bunch of BS, and the Chinese think " Fast Track with
pollution" is better than health. This "track" is what will kill them,
unfortunatly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message
[...]

It's not a ground. You either need a socket that accommodates multiple
conductors, or if you can follow the wiring diagram on the ballast, you can
possibly make a pigtail for that wire

Fluorescent lamp switch User Example Home Repair 24 July 19th 19 02:44 PM
Fluorescent lamp wiring... Coyoteboy Electronics 1 November 1st 07 08:17 AM
Fluorescent lamp question Alex Home Repair 3 January 6th 07 12:07 PM
Fluorescent Lamp question Rick UK diy 3 June 22nd 06 06:06 PM
Colour Matching Fluorescent Lamp Rod Hewitt UK diy 3 September 29th 03 04:13 PM