Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,de.rec.heimwerken

Default standard track shelving: single-track brackets with screwholes

[ pls note and adhere to fup2 ! thanks ]

Moin,

I hope this is the correct group for this kind of question.

I am looking to install standard two-track shelving in my home
but would like to use single track brackets in some places, so
so that I can build continuous shelves w/o having to have two
rails right next to each other

Thus I am looking for supplies of something like this:

http://www.hafele.co.uk/Hafele35a1/t...21&ig_id=82362

or
http://www.econoco.com/images/display/wbc_12_.jpg

These would need to

a) fit standard rail slots
b) be available in several lengths
c) be available with the flange/tabs for the screwholes
on either side left/right

I found nothing at Home Depot or Lowes (who both seem to only
carry Rubbermaid or Closetmaid products).

I would love to get suggestions for other manufacturers (as evident from
the above, I found Häfele and econoco, but haven't been able to
ascertain their availability locally or via online purchase yet).

PS: suggestions for other newsgroups to ask this are also welcome.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/14/13 04:30 pm, Mathias Kőrber wrote:

[...]

Why do you insist on having the brackets at the very ends of the
shelves, thus at the meeting-point of two shelves? Shelves probably can
overhang the brackets by a significant amount without problems.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mathias Korber" wrote in message
[...]

the above, I found Hfele and econoco, but haven't been able to
ascertain their availability locally or via online purchase yet).

PS: suggestions for other newsgroups to ask this are also welcome.

This is a mostly UK based news group. We don't have Home Depot or LOwes
here.
You will find more common sense.
Try :-
alt.home.repair
They are mostly gun loving republican USAians.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 04:30:42 +0800, Mathias K rber wrote:

I am looking to install standard two-track shelving in my home
but would like to use single track brackets in some places, so
so that I can build continuous shelves w/o having to have two
rails right next to each other

Sorry don't understand the problem. You put as many tracks on the
wall at the spacing required for the load. Fit brackets to track, run
shelves across brackets as required.

I found nothing at Home Depot or Lowes (who both seem to only
carry Rubbermaid or Closetmaid products).

I don't think you are in the UK are you? Something is being lost in
translation... B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Perhaps this is what you are looking for:
http://www.knapeandvogt.com/Heavy-Du...roducts.18.310

Posted to alt.home.repair

Why do you insist on having the brackets at the very ends of the
shelves, thus at the meeting-point of two shelves? Shelves probably can
overhang the brackets by a significant amount without problems.

I don't, but this way I need 3 rails per 2 shelves, while placing the
rails further in means using more rails (at least 4 per 2 shelves).

Perce

Perhaps this is what you are looking for:
http://www.knapeandvogt.com/Heavy-Du...roducts.18.310

Thanks. That looks like exactly what I want. Merci

Posted to alt.home.repair
[...]

www.facebook.com/pages/Photos/400744556640049
موقع اختير افضل الصور

Posted to alt.home.repair
top top is offline

بتاريخ الثلاثاء، 16 يوليو، 2013 UTC-7 8:39:04 ص، كتب top:
[...]

ور

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

www.facebook.com/pages/Photos/400744556640049
موقع اختير افضل صور

Posted to alt.home.repair
top top is offline

بتاريخ الثلاثاء، 16 يوليو، 2013 UTC-7 8:44:08 ص، كتب top:
[...]

standard track shelving: single-track brackets with screwholes Mathias Kőrber UK diy 0 July 14th 13 09:30 PM
Do any of the sheds still stock Spur shelving brackets? Mike Harrison UK diy 5 December 2nd 08 12:51 PM
T-track P.Thorsted Woodworking 3 November 16th 06 04:55 PM
T-track - where should it go ? nigel Woodworking 3 November 1st 04 12:07 AM
Invisible shelving brackets BUB 209 Woodworking 1 September 29th 04 11:35 PM