Posted to alt.home.repair
bob bob is offline

Default What local stores carry "euro" style glass hinges?

I have an old ikea glass cabinet with a hinge like this:

http://www.julieshomestore.co.uk/use...lasshinge1.jpg

The ring with two screw holes broke but Ikea no longer carries this cabinet
and hence no longer has this part.

Many of these hinges look similar but are not exactly the same. Or some
hinges may not look the same but has the same ring to replace mine.

Any idea what type of local stores or national chain stores may carry this
part?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 23:52:32 -0700, "bob" wrote:

I have an old ikea glass cabinet with a hinge like this:

http://www.julieshomestore.co.uk/use...lasshinge1.jpg

The ring with two screw holes broke but Ikea no longer carries this cabinet
and hence no longer has this part.

Many of these hinges look similar but are not exactly the same. Or some
hinges may not look the same but has the same ring to replace mine.

Any idea what type of local stores or national chain stores may carry this
part?

start here
http://www.cabinetparts.com/g/europe...ss-door-hinges

http://www.wwhardware.com/blum-94-cl...-hinges-b075t4
Posted to alt.home.repair

Not sure if it's totally same, but I've seen this type of hinges at Lowe's and Home Depot.

Often used on cabinets at kitchens, or retail stores behind the service desk.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"bob" wrote in message ...
I have an old ikea glass cabinet with a hinge like this:

http://www.julieshomestore.co.uk/use...lasshinge1.jpg

The ring with two screw holes broke but Ikea no longer carries this cabinet
and hence no longer has this part.

Many of these hinges look similar but are not exactly the same. Or some
hinges may not look the same but has the same ring to replace mine.

Any idea what type of local stores or national chain stores may carry this
part?

Posted to alt.home.repair

bob wrote:
I have an old ikea glass cabinet with a hinge like this:

http://www.julieshomestore.co.uk/use...lasshinge1.jpg

The ring with two screw holes broke but Ikea no longer carries this
cabinet and hence no longer has this part.

Many of these hinges look similar but are not exactly the same. Or
some hinges may not look the same but has the same ring to replace
mine.
Any idea what type of local stores or national chain stores may carry
this part?

Look up local "Woodworkers" stores.

Posted to alt.home.repair

bob wrote:

I have an old ikea glass cabinet with a hinge like this:

http://www.julieshomestore.co.uk/use...lasshinge1.jpg

The ring with two screw holes broke but Ikea no longer carries this cabinet
and hence no longer has this part.

Many of these hinges look similar but are not exactly the same. Or some
hinges may not look the same but has the same ring to replace mine.

Any idea what type of local stores or national chain stores may carry this
part?

http://www.ou****ercatalogs.com

Those are 35mm Euro style hinges.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07-07-2013 02:52, bob wrote:
I have an old ikea glass cabinet with a hinge like this:

http://www.julieshomestore.co.uk/use...lasshinge1.jpg

Did you throw it away after you took its picture?

If not, take it to a any of the following and ask how to get a replacement:

Lowe's
Menard's
Home Depot
Builder's Square
Ace Hardware
DoItBest
etc.

--
Wes Groleau

€œLewis's case for the existence of God is fallacious.€
"You mean like circular reasoning?€
€œHe believes in God. Therefore, he's fallacious."