Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where was I when paint doubled in price

Was just looking at Home Depot's website for paint. $12+ a Quart!!!,
$25+ a gallon ??, 130+ for 5 gallons???

Last time I bought any quantity it was about $60 for 5 gallons.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 6, 2013 2:33:51 AM UTC-4, Ashton Crusher wrote:
Was just looking at Home Depot's website for paint. $12+ a Quart!!!,

$25+ a gallon ??, 130+ for 5 gallons???

Last time I bought any quantity it was about $60 for 5 gallons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 6, 2013 8:08:59 AM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:
On Saturday, July 6, 2013 2:33:51 AM UTC-4, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Was just looking at Home Depot's website for paint. $12+ a Quart!!!,

$25+ a gallon ??, 130+ for 5 gallons???

Last time I bought any quantity it was about $60 for 5 gallons

I noticed that too, its amazing how much the ost has gone up

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ashton Crusher wrote:
Was just looking at Home Depot's website for paint. $12+ a Quart!!!,
$25+ a gallon ??, 130+ for 5 gallons???

Last time I bought any quantity it was about $60 for 5 gallons.

Yes, We have no inflation, we have no inflation today.... unless ur
buying paint and few other things...
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-no-inflation/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 10:42:48 -0500, Fat-Dumb and Happy
wrote:

Ashton Crusher wrote:
Was just looking at Home Depot's website for paint. $12+ a Quart!!!,
$25+ a gallon ??, 130+ for 5 gallons???

Last time I bought any quantity it was about $60 for 5 gallons.

Yes, We have no inflation, we have no inflation today.... unless ur
buying paint and few other things...
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-no-inflation/

I remember paying $10 a gallon too. That was not this year though.

In addition to inflation, paint and paint making has many more
regulations than it did a few years back. VOCs can be expensive to get
rid of.

Soon, we will be paying for paint can and paint leftovers being
properly disposed of. You will pay it up front with the paint
purchase. Last price I hears was 50¢ a gallon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 12:25:23 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Soon, we will be paying for paint can and paint leftovers being
properly disposed of. You will pay it up front with the paint
purchase. Last price I hears was 50¢ a gallon.

Our trash folks are picky about paint cans. The cans have to opened
and dried solid (almost) before the will take them. There is a local
recycle place where paint can be taken. I think the city mixes some
together for colors to cover graffiti.

So in my bill I already pay for can and paint disposal, but not
itemized
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/6/2013 12:59 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 12:25:23 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Soon, we will be paying for paint can and paint leftovers being
properly disposed of. You will pay it up front with the paint
purchase. Last price I hears was 50¢ a gallon.

Our trash folks are picky about paint cans. The cans have to opened
and dried solid (almost) before the will take them. There is a local
recycle place where paint can be taken. I think the city mixes some
together for colors to cover graffiti.

So in my bill I already pay for can and paint disposal, but not
itemized

And check your "gallon" carefully and you might find it is not a gallon
anymore!!! As is the case with ice cream, pound cans of tomatoes, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pointer wrote:

And check your "gallon" carefully and you might find it is not a gallon
anymore!!! As is the case with ice cream, pound cans of tomatoes, etc.

Not exactly. Truth in labeling laws require that manufacturers show the exact
volume of paint containers. If you buy a "gallon" of paint that can be used as a
tint base, it will likely be less than a gallon on the label.