Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I got sick and tired.

About once a year I have to completely take apart my laptop to clean-out dust from the heat-sink. Now they could have just put in some kind of access panel where the heat-sink is so that I could just open it and clean it out or at least made the cooling fan so that it sucked air instead of blow so that I could clean the heat-sink from the side or at least made the housing of the cooling fan more open so that I could cut a hole under the housing of my laptop to access the heat-sink from the side of the fan. NOOOOO they made it so that the only way to get to their damn heat-sink is to COMPLETELY take apart the G.D. laptop. Enough is enough, I got sick and tired of it, so I completely removed the cooling fan; I cut out the slats of the air vent under where the fan was. I bought something called a “Chill Mat” which is a booster fan you normally place under the laptop for extra cooling. Only cost me $20.00. I also got some weather stripping and some duct tape. I bordered the booster fan with duct tape and weather stripping so that all the air goes directly into the vent on the bottom of the laptop. Would you believe it my laptop is faster now that it is cooler and if I ever need to clean the heat-sink all I have to do is reach in from the vent and clean. So to all the laptop manufactures out the F.U.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 15:38:21 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

[...]

It has to have vents for the air to get in and out. Can't you just
shove the nozzle from a can of "air" in there and blow it out?
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

NO, because it blows the dust INTO the computer where it doesn’t have any place to exit. That’s why I wished they would make the cooling fan suck air instead of blow so that the dust accumulated outside the heat-sink where I could blow it out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You could try a vacuum at the same time you blow. ?

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Better subject line: - I got sick and tired so I improved my laptopventilation

Would it kill you to use at least a couple of brain cells and make
better use of the subject line?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:38:21 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Americans are stupid ****s.
Always vote for plutocratic criminals.
Raze Harvard!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:02:54 PM UTC-4, Home Guy wrote:
Would it kill you to use at least a couple of brain cells and make

better use of the subject line?

So your playing with your testicles wishing they were brain cells?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Hi,
I once had to take Lenovo laptop apart because cooling blower motor was
seized. I replaced it. Dust problem is minimal in the house. 4 Laptops
in the house. 3 Lenovo and one ASUS ROG monster laptop. So far I did not
take any one apart to clean out the dust build-up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Enough is enough, I got sick and tired of it

You got sick and tired of being sick and tired