Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I am getting sick and tired of Canadian Tire 'Specials'

Those people at Canadian Tire did it again.

They promoted a Litium-Ion driver/drill/nailer for a very cheap prices
for either one of the units.

Of course, the sunsabitches NEVER have any more than a couple. So,
UNLESS you are THERE at 2mins after opening time, you don't EVER get
****.

This is bordering on the edge of fraudulent, false advertising. We
have LAWS here that forbid that 'loss-leader' kinda behaviour.

I am of a good mind to sue these *******s this time. This is
sickening.

I f *I* am supposed to accept this as a 'normal' way of the big boxes
doing business, than whoever supports this way of thinking is a bigger
asshole than Canadian Tire.

I am done with those cheating *******s. They will NEVER get another
penny from me.

r------ who thinks it is time we rose up as a nation of Canadians and
boycotted those crooks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

Those people at Canadian Tire did it again.

snip the rant

You are more creative than that.

An assistant with video camera, a date/time display in the lower right
corner, and a copy of the ad.

Video the interview, post results on U-tube.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

Those people at Canadian Tire did it again.

Be obsequious and have your knees removed...

thanks to Steve M.
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Damn that's a good price. Only available "in Store" I see, guess I'm
screwed. The Impact Driver is available Online though.

The router bits are on sale again too:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...romSearch=true

This is the same price I paid a few years ago.

Posted to rec.woodworking

rant snippage

Did you get a rain cheque?

Thanks,

David.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
Did you get a rain cheque?

I sometimes get rain cheques when they're out of something on sale. It might
takes awhile, but I've usually waited them out. Since rain cheques are
usually only good for 30 days at a time, you have to remember to go in near
the end of the 30 days and get another one. Fortunately, there's a Cantire
1+1/2 blocks from where I live so I can easily go in and renew it. Last
'episode' took me three months, but I finally got my rolling, adjustable
height parts table for the $35 it was originally advertised for. It really
is a game with them, but if you're determined enough you can usually benefit
in the end. It's just a matter of how much time do you want to invest in the
deal?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 10, 9:28 am, "HotRdd" wrote:
I have a pile of rain checks that never arrived.

Just one look at the 'Customer Service' counter line-up and that took
away any and all desire to waste that kind of time.
My beef is their way of thinking. As a very experienced and
computerized retailer, they have some idea about how many they'll
need. If they had sufficient stock, they may be left with a few which
would sell in the days to follow. But that is not what they do.
They'll stock the absolute minimum to satify their legal obligations.
(Combines Investigation Act/Loss leaders.)

It's just plain crooked.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HotRdd" wrote in message
I have a pile of rain checks that never arrived.

I don't shop there enough have a 'pile' of rainchecks. The two times a year
that I do get a rain check, if that item is not in at the local store within
a month, I'll call around to a few other nearby stores to see if they have
one in stock.

In the last ten years, I've gotten rainchecks less than a dozen times and
only once have they pulled the forever out of stock scenario on me. I might
go to Cantire a couple of times a month out of a quick need for some
commodity, but it's rare for me to go for the purpose of buying one of their
flyer specials. I never was a big fan and am even less so now that they've
turned into a department store.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 10, 10:55 am, "Upscale" wrote:
[snip]
I never was a big fan and am even less so now that they've
turned into a department store.

LOL... the Voortman cookie display was a dead give-away, eh?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Wonder when they will start carrying produce?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 10, 3:59 pm, "HotRdd" wrote:
Wonder when they will start carrying produce?

There are quite a few vegetables on the floor already!
*Barumpbumpcrash*

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I am getting sick and tired of Canadian Tire 'Specials' UPDATE

On Sep 8, 5:37 pm, Robatoy wrote:
Those people at Canadian Tire did it again.

They promoted a Litium-Ion driver/drill/nailer for a very cheap prices
for either one of the units.

Well, spank my ass and call me Judy.
I wandered into Canadian Tire, on the last day of THAT SALE and lo and
behold.... (CTC is attached to a mall, so I wandered in, for a
lark...yup I'm a bit masochistic, I guess..

They had the impact driver in stock.

They are only partially forgiven, because the Lithium Iom drill, was
still sold out.
At least I got the driver....for CAN$ 68.00...and puhleeeze, don't
start that crap about that being $ 5.00 US...'cuz we're almost at par.

It's a pretty nifty lill' unit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
Well, spank my ass and call me Judy.
I wandered into Canadian Tire, on the last day of THAT SALE and lo and
behold.... (CTC is attached to a mall, so I wandered in, for a
lark...yup I'm a bit masochistic, I guess..

For us Yanks whom occasionally take your tirades a bit too seriously this is
a very good lesson .......Sept 8 you adamantly claimed "I am done with those
cheating *******s. They will NEVER get another penny from me." I guess for
some NEVER isn't all that long.....Rod

They had the impact driver in stock.

They are only partially forgiven, because the Lithium Iom drill, was
still sold out.
At least I got the driver....for CAN$ 68.00...and puhleeeze, don't
start that crap about that being $ 5.00 US...'cuz we're almost at par.

It's a pretty nifty lill' unit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 16, 2:28 pm, "Rod & Betty Jo" wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
Well, spank my ass and call me Judy.
I wandered into Canadian Tire, on the last day of THAT SALE and lo and
behold.... (CTC is attached to a mall, so I wandered in, for a
lark...yup I'm a bit masochistic, I guess..

For us Yanks whom occasionally take your tirades a bit too seriously this is
a very good lesson .......Sept 8 you adamantly claimed "I am done with those
cheating *******s. They will NEVER get another penny from me." I guess for
some NEVER isn't all that long.....Rod

LOL...heat of the moment -and all that rot--

I'm Dutch, not stupid. A good deal is a good deal.

BUT, Canadian Tire *IS* on the bottom of the list when I need ANYTHING
I can get elsewhe FACT.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
BUT, Canadian Tire *IS* on the bottom of the list when I need ANYTHING
I can get elsewhe FACT.

Ever been to Princess Auto?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 17:01:12 -0400, "Upscale"
wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
BUT, Canadian Tire *IS* on the bottom of the list when I need ANYTHING
I can get elsewhe FACT.

Ever been to Princess Auto?

Yes, many, many times and I love it. Guarantee and returns forever.
Not the best quality but excellent for the price. Jesse
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
Princess Auto ROCKS.

So, *that's* why the place had rocks all over the floor. Must have been
because people throwing them at the store selling cheap products.

Seriously, maybe you guys like the place because anybody who does woodorking
is usually into tools, but for the most part, they're cheap as in low
quality. And to Jesse who likes the place because they have a guarantee and
returns policy, you can say exactly the same thing about Crappy Tire.

Hell, I like wandering around junkyards too.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 16, 5:01 pm, "Upscale" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message
BUT, Canadian Tire *IS* on the bottom of the list when I need ANYTHING
I can get elsewhe FACT.

Ever been to Princess Auto?

Yup, our Kanuckistani HarborFright. Perfect place for tools which are
going to see limited use.
I needed a polisher (basically a big angle-grinder with slower
speeds), but I don't polish my countertops to that high a sheen that
often. Makita wanted well over $ 300 for one, and PA had one on for $
74...sooo. It worked just fine.
If I was to use a polisher all the time, the $ 300 would have been
easy to justify/spend.
I also bought a pressure pot/spray gun combo for peanuts, threw the
gun in the drawer (for glue or something awful someday) and have been
using the pot often.
There's definitely a place for PA.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message news:
Their stock isn't all low quality, and for the cheap ****, sometimes
that's all I want. I don't need a $200 angle grinder, or $300 sawzall.
PA's $30 - $50 "crap" suit me fine for tools I may only use once or
twice a year.

I'll accede to using a tool as a throw away device, but they generally don't
agree very well with my abstract personality. In the past, I've bought the
occasional junk tool, used it once and tossed it in a drawer. It's sat there
for months and months and eventually, I'll toss it out. Within a week I
need one again. That drives me right up a tree. Just to eliminate that
irritation, I'm usually happy to spend the money on the better quality tool,
toss it a drawer to keep forever and not have to go through the irritation
ever again.

Like I said, it's a personality thing.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:27:56 -0400, "Upscale"
wrote:

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
Princess Auto ROCKS.

So, *that's* why the place had rocks all over the floor. Must have been
because people throwing them at the store selling cheap products.

Seriously, maybe you guys like the place because anybody who does woodorking
is usually into tools, but for the most part, they're cheap as in low
quality. And to Jesse who likes the place because they have a guarantee and
returns policy, you can say exactly the same thing about Crappy Tire.

Hell, I like wandering around junkyards too.

To each his own. I don't criticize your choices but I don't shop a
CdnTire due to their "don't care" attitude but if it works for others
then I don't mind. I also shop at Lee Valley, I buy items to suit a
specific need and Princess Auto suits me for a lot of situations.
Jesse
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jesse" wrote in message
CdnTire due to their "don't care" attitude but if it works for others
then I don't mind.

The only reason I buy Crappy Tire is for convenience. Princess Auto is not
near me and would take three hours out of my day just for me to go there,
buy something and come home. A Crappy Tire is one block from where I live.
My time is worth more to me than the small amount of money I might save
going somewhere else. When you get down to it, time is usually the deciding
criteria for most people.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ray Ray is offline

On Sep 8, 5:37 pm, Robatoy wrote:
[...]

They always have the sale prices in their system by 3pm the day before
the start of a sale. If you're not sure or don't see the sale price
on a sign, go to one of the little "price checkers" the have here and
there. You will be charged the sale price at the cash.

R. (Princess Auto fan)