Posted to alt.home.repair

Default To: SMS : Bad news on HASA concentrated pool Chlorine (the2-for-1 coupon will die EOM)!

This is specifically for SMS who clued me into the "Pool Guys"
perennial web coupon for 8 gallons of concentrated HASA liquid
chlorine for the $18 price of 4 gallons (plus 8.25% Ca tax on
the net value of 2x$18).

That store (in the Silicon Valley) will no longer honor that
great 2-for-1 coupon after the end of June!

They no longer even have the coupon on their web page (luckily
I saved a few printouts to paper so if SMS needs one, I can
PDF it for him).

That was the best price for years, in the Silicon Valley, and
now it's dead (they'll do an 8-for-6 price, in the future,
they told me).

So, I have 16 gallons to quickly stock up on this week!
If SMS is out there - you'd better restock yours quickly!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 20:30:38 +0000, Danny D. wrote:

That store (in the Silicon Valley) will no longer honor that
great 2-for-1 coupon after the end of June!

I'm stocking up all this week!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 22:24:00 +0000, Danny D. wrote:

I'm stocking up all this week!

I noticed something funny when I handed them cash the last two times.

They don't ring it up.

Seems to me that if they're not paying the taxes, they shouldn't be
charging *me* for that tax that they're not paying.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 22:24:00 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

I'm stocking up all this week!

Hope you have a safe storage location.

Like pool acid it can off gas; perhaps damage tools, etc.

My pool chemicals are outside, out back... 5 gallon buckets.... to
keep the acid and chlorine separate.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 16:33:37 -0700, Oren wrote:

Hope you have a safe storage location.

Hi Oren,

Thanks for the warning.

I have plenty of space around the pool for chemical storage.

The worst thing that happens if they outgas is they'll kill a
few mustard plants.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 23:24:27 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 22:24:00 +0000, Danny D. wrote:

I'm stocking up all this week!

I noticed something funny when I handed them cash the last two times.

They don't ring it up.

Seems to me that if they're not paying the taxes, they shouldn't be
charging *me* for that tax that they're not paying.

Call the local manager or district manager. An employee may be sending
inventory out the door with no accountability. Pocketing the money;
instead of putting it into the till.

Products just do not fall off the shelves.