Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Swimming pool chlorine 'locked'?

I'm trying to get our pool open as I do every year. But this time I've
got a weird, new problem. The water has cleared up (not totally yet) but
I can't seem to get a reading at all for 'free chlorine'. i've been
shocking it and shocking it and the total chlorine is good (it was 3.4
ppm then i shocked it again with 6 bags of shock, 33,000 gallon inground
pool, not sure what it is now).

The pool store guy said the chlorine is 'locked' by something. Anyone
know what that means and how I can 'unlock' it?? I put in a salt water
converter (hayaward/gold line aqua rite) last year and it's been running
on super chlorinate for days. All other levels (ph, stabilizer,
alkalinity, etc) are right where they should be. Water temp is around 68
degrees Farenheit.

TIA!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 17, 9:08 am, JerryC wrote:
I'm trying to get our pool open as I do every year. But this time I've
got a weird, new problem. The water has cleared up (not totally yet) but
I can't seem to get a reading at all for 'free chlorine'. i've been
shocking it and shocking it and the total chlorine is good (it was 3.4
ppm then i shocked it again with 6 bags of shock, 33,000 gallon inground
pool, not sure what it is now).

The pool store guy said the chlorine is 'locked' by something. Anyone
know what that means and how I can 'unlock' it?? I put in a salt water
converter (hayaward/gold line aqua rite) last year and it's been running
on super chlorinate for days. All other levels (ph, stabilizer,
alkalinity, etc) are right where they should be. Water temp is around 68
degrees Farenheit.

TIA!

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Swimming-...orine-Lock.htm
-----