Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A Mormon unlike 'our' stormy moron

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/23...eing-attacked/

The url says it all---
Posted to alt.home.repair

Now, there is a man of courage and skill.

I'll be hiding under the bed, reading this scares me.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message ...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/23...eing-attacked/

The url says it all---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/24/2013 7:31 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/23...eing-attacked/

The url says it all---

It just goes to show that you must be careful about what you're willing
to lose your head over. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/23...ding-mormon-bi...

The url says it all---

It just goes to show that you must be careful about what you're willing
to lose your head over. ^_^

TDD

Shudda got him with his six shooter.
What's America coming to?Samurai sword????
Posted to alt.home.repair

finger.net wrote:
On 4/24/2013 7:31 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/23...ding-mormon-bi...

The url says it all---

It just goes to show that you must be careful about what you're willing
to lose your head over. ^_^

TDD

Shudda got him with his six shooter.
What's America coming to?Samurai sword????

Beats hell out of using a British "pointy stick". Never, ever, take a
pointy stick to a Samurai sword fight.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
#
"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
##
##
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/23/samurai-sword-wielding-mormon-bishop-comes-to-aid-woman-being-attacked/
##
## The url says it all---
# #
#
# Now, there is a man of courage and skill.
#
# I'll be hiding under the bed, reading this scares me.
# .

LOL
The Sword of the Lord..

Posted to alt.home.repair

finger.net wrote:
On 4/24/2013 7:31 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/23...ding-mormon-bi...

The url says it all---

It just goes to show that you must be careful about what you're willing
to lose your head over. ^_^

TDD

Shudda got him with his six shooter.
What's America coming to?Samurai sword????

Beats hell out of using a British "pointy stick". Never, ever, take a
pointy stick to a Samurai sword fight.

Is that what the thug had ?
A pointy stick ??
I would suggest that it was more a pointy tired celery stalk that quickly
got wilted at the sight of the sword.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:51:37 AM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

Beats hell out of using a British "pointy stick". Never, ever, take a

pointy stick to a Samurai sword fight.

That's "point'ted stick"! You don't know your Python sketches!

Senior Member

Yeah that Mormon Bishop coulda made sushi outta that guy with a real Samurai sword properly sharpened. Those things will slice through a 6 inch diameter bundle of bamboo shoots.

I used to shave with a straight razor when I was in university, and the other kids in my college were always in awe that I could do that, but I was taught by my dad who came from Ukraine and shaved with a straight razor himself.
I remember using my straight razor to cut up some paper for them cuz they wanted to see how sharp it was. I would do it for them, but paper would dull the blade (although I never noticed it being any duller). My dad always told me not to cut paper with it cuz it would dull the blade, but that might have been because of the cruder way paper was made in Europe prior to WWII. There might have been some chaulk or talc in it to make it look whiter. I don't know. I just know what my dad told me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"nestork" wrote in message

[...]

Paper is actually quite coarse, and just destroys ANY edge.
Anything used to cut a cardboard box will dull very quickly because of that.
If you're stuck and need something to strop a blade like a straight razor,
use a brown paper strip from a bag. Works really well.
I actually use a strip from a (brown paper) shopping bag for the final
finish on my all purpose knife.

Senior Member

You're saying the same thing as my dad, Attila.

What I can't figure, however, is that if paper is made of wood fibers, why would cutting paper dull a blade any faster than cutting wood across it's grain.

My dad used to sharpen his straight razors on a leather strap about 2 1/2 inches wide.
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
nestork

Most paper is recycled and full of all kinds of ****.
Glossy paper is full of China clay.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_clay#Uses
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:19:01 PM UTC-5, nestork wrote:
You're saying the same thing as my dad, Attila.

What I can't figure, however, is that if paper is made of wood fibers,

why would cutting paper dull a blade any faster than cutting wood across

it's grain.

My dad used to sharpen his straight razors on a leather strap about 2

1/2 inches wide.

--

nestork

I remember my dad (and myself, later on) using the double-edge blades...Gillette and then SS Wilkinson's. He would hone them in a drinking glass!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"nestork" wrote in message

You're saying the same thing as my dad, Attila.

What I can't figure, however, is that if paper is made of wood fibers,
why would cutting paper dull a blade any faster than cutting wood across
it's grain.

My dad used to sharpen his straight razors on a leather strap about 2
1/2 inches wide.

Stropping is really not sharpening per se
It's more cleaning off the little burrs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message

nestork

I remember my dad (and myself, later on) using the double-edge
blades...Gillette and then SS Wilkinson's. He would hone them in a
drinking glass!

???

What was the method used

Posted to alt.home.repair