Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila Iskander Attila Iskander is offline

Default A Mormon unlike 'our' stormy moron

"nestork" wrote in message

Yeah that Mormon Bishop coulda made sushi outta that guy with a real
Samurai sword properly sharpened. Those things will slice through a 6
inch diameter bundle of bamboo shoots.

I used to shave with a straight razor when I was in university, and the
other kids in my college were always in awe that I could do that, but I
was taught by my dad who came from Ukraine and shaved with a straight
razor himself.
I remember using my straight razor to cut up some paper for them cuz
they wanted to see how sharp it was. I would do it for them, but paper
would dull the blade (although I never noticed it being any duller). My
dad always told me not to cut paper with it cuz it would dull the blade,
but that might have been because of the cruder way paper was made in
Europe prior to WWII. There might have been some chaulk or talc in it
to make it look whiter. I don't know. I just know what my dad told me.

Paper is actually quite coarse, and just destroys ANY edge.
Anything used to cut a cardboard box will dull very quickly because of that.
If you're stuck and need something to strop a blade like a straight razor,
use a brown paper strip from a bag. Works really well.
I actually use a strip from a (brown paper) shopping bag for the final
finish on my all purpose knife.