Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GFCI not made in China

Some years ago, I asked her if anyone knew of a GFCI not made in
China. I am happy to report that Leviton manufactures what are marketed as
NAFTA-compliant GFCI's that are made in Mexico. I had to order from Amazon,
as I have not seen these in my local Home Depot, Lowe's, or Ace Hardware,
but the 7599-FI and 7599-FW are commercial 15-amp GFCI's that are reasonably
priced. They also have several 20-amp models and a line of hospital-grade
devices. And I just spotted the X7599-FI and X7599-FW, which are actually
made in the USA!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Andrew M. Saucci, Jr." wrote in news:51733782$0$19540
:

Some years ago, I asked her if anyone knew of a GFCI not made in
China. I am happy to report that Leviton manufactures what are marketed as
NAFTA-compliant GFCI's that are made in Mexico. I had to order from Amazon,
as I have not seen these in my local Home Depot, Lowe's, or Ace Hardware,
but the 7599-FI and 7599-FW are commercial 15-amp GFCI's that are reasonably
priced. They also have several 20-amp models and a line of hospital-grade
devices. And I just spotted the X7599-FI and X7599-FW, which are actually
made in the USA!

I'm glad to hear it. I had to replace last fall a made-in-China Leviton GFCI which had been
installed for less than a year. Wrote their customer service department and told them how
unhappy I was -- never got a response. Maybe they've wised up and moved some of their
production back here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. wrote:
Some years ago, I asked her if anyone knew of a GFCI not made in
China. I am happy to report that Leviton manufactures what are marketed as
NAFTA-compliant GFCI's that are made in Mexico. I had to order from Amazon,
as I have not seen these in my local Home Depot, Lowe's, or Ace Hardware,
but the 7599-FI and 7599-FW are commercial 15-amp GFCI's that are reasonably
priced. They also have several 20-amp models and a line of hospital-grade
devices. And I just spotted the X7599-FI and X7599-FW, which are actually
made in the USA!

Hi,
I had good luck with Cooper brand GFCI.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 20:49:14 -0400, "Andrew M. Saucci, Jr."
wrote:

Some years ago, I asked her if anyone knew of a GFCI not made in
China. I am happy to report that Leviton manufactures what are marketed as
NAFTA-compliant GFCI's that are made in Mexico. I had to order from Amazon,
as I have not seen these in my local Home Depot, Lowe's, or Ace Hardware,
but the 7599-FI and 7599-FW are commercial 15-amp GFCI's that are reasonably
priced. They also have several 20-amp models and a line of hospital-grade
devices. And I just spotted the X7599-FI and X7599-FW, which are actually
made in the USA!

Hmm,

I have a N7599-RW, purchased a few weeks ago. "Slim Design - that
saves up to 25% or more space in the wallbox". Not yet opened.

Clearly marked "Made in China".
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in
:

wrote:

Some years ago, I asked her if anyone knew of a GFCI not
made in
China. I am happy to report that Leviton manufactures what are
marketed as NAFTA-compliant GFCI's that are made in Mexico. I had to
order from Amazon, as I have not seen these in my local Home Depot,
Lowe's, or Ace Hardware, but the 7599-FI and 7599-FW are commercial
15-amp GFCI's that are reasonably priced. They also have several
20-amp models and a line of hospital-grade devices. And I just spotted
the X7599-FI and X7599-FW, which are actually made in the USA!

Hmm,

I have a N7599-RW, purchased a few weeks ago. "Slim Design - that
saves up to 25% or more space in the wallbox". Not yet opened.

Clearly marked "Made in China".

Might want to at least open it for a look. Might be a child inside from the
factory.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've had 3 GFCIs fail.

1. Leviton from the 1980s: tripped randomly, even on the bench

2. A different brand, plug in type, made in Korea: triac
exploded, power stayed disconnected

3. Factory replacement for #2, very different internal
design: failed in 10 days in the opposite way -- power
stayed connected, test button had no effect.

The replacement for #3 has worked fine for over a decade.