Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default GFCI not made in China

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 20:49:14 -0400, "Andrew M. Saucci, Jr."
wrote:

Some years ago, I asked her if anyone knew of a GFCI not made in
China. I am happy to report that Leviton manufactures what are marketed as
NAFTA-compliant GFCI's that are made in Mexico. I had to order from Amazon,
as I have not seen these in my local Home Depot, Lowe's, or Ace Hardware,
but the 7599-FI and 7599-FW are commercial 15-amp GFCI's that are reasonably
priced. They also have several 20-amp models and a line of hospital-grade
devices. And I just spotted the X7599-FI and X7599-FW, which are actually
made in the USA!

Hmm,

I have a N7599-RW, purchased a few weeks ago. "Slim Design - that
saves up to 25% or more space in the wallbox". Not yet opened.

Clearly marked "Made in China".