Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default GFCI not made in China

Oren wrote in
:

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 20:49:14 -0400, "Andrew M. Saucci, Jr."
wrote:

Some years ago, I asked her if anyone knew of a GFCI not
made in
China. I am happy to report that Leviton manufactures what are
marketed as NAFTA-compliant GFCI's that are made in Mexico. I had to
order from Amazon, as I have not seen these in my local Home Depot,
Lowe's, or Ace Hardware, but the 7599-FI and 7599-FW are commercial
15-amp GFCI's that are reasonably priced. They also have several
20-amp models and a line of hospital-grade devices. And I just spotted
the X7599-FI and X7599-FW, which are actually made in the USA!

Hmm,

I have a N7599-RW, purchased a few weeks ago. "Slim Design - that
saves up to 25% or more space in the wallbox". Not yet opened.

Clearly marked "Made in China".

Might want to at least open it for a look. Might be a child inside from the
factory.