Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rotary Telephone wont return to the start position

My rotary telephone dial wont return to the start position, when I dial.
I'm guessing that either the spring is getting weak, or else it needs
lubrication. For example, if I dial a "9", it might only return to the
number "3". I have to push it back to the start position by hand. Can
these be lubricated? How and where?

Please email me, or phone me at Hillside4-7078.

Over The Hill

Posted to alt.home.repair

Problem is, when he tries to dial W, the rotary only returns to E.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 4/15/2013 10:56 PM, wrote:
My rotary telephone dial wont return to the start position, when I dial.
I'm guessing that either the spring is getting weak, or else it needs
lubrication. For example, if I dial a "9", it might only return to the
number "3". I have to push it back to the start position by hand. Can
these be lubricated? How and where?

Please email me, or phone me at Hillside4-7078.

Over The Hill

WD-40

TDD

Radiator Flow-Return position asalcedo UK diy 2 September 20th 09 08:28 AM
Boiler, position of feed and return? Donwill UK diy 12 March 12th 07 12:01 AM
Old Rotary Telephone Connection Kevin Electronics 1 December 23rd 05 05:09 AM
Central Heating Mid-position valve - should it return using spring [email protected] UK diy 5 January 16th 05 07:56 PM
Fluke 79 -- Is rotary switch supposed to turn past last position? Tom Del Rosso Electronics Repair 5 July 9th 04 08:55 PM