Tom Del Rosso

Default Fluke 79 -- Is rotary switch supposed to turn past last position?

I just discovered that the switch on my Fluke 79 can be turned almost
360 degrees. There is a stop preventing it from going CCW past 'Off'
and from turning CW to 'Off', but no stop preventing CW motion past
'Amps'.

Maybe I just never noticed this before? I mean, it doesn't feel broken
otherwise, and nothing is rattling around. Do others do this?

--
-Reply in group, but if emailing add 2 more zeros-
-and remove the obvious-

dave

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message
I just discovered that the switch on my Fluke 79 can be turned almost
360 degrees. There is a stop preventing it from going CCW past 'Off'
and from turning CW to 'Off', but no stop preventing CW motion past
'Amps'.

Maybe I just never noticed this before? I mean, it doesn't feel broken
otherwise, and nothing is rattling around. Do others do this?

--
-Reply in group, but if emailing add 2 more zeros-
-and remove the obvious-

This happens after some years of use. My 77 does that, doesn't seem to be a
problem.

dave

Tom Del Rosso

"dave" wrote in message

This happens after some years of use. My 77 does that, doesn't seem
to be a problem.

Thanks. Surprising that would happen to a Fluke. It's as if they had a
stop glued on so it could just fall off silently. I'll have to take a
look later.

Alan Douglas

This happens after some years of use. My 77 does that, doesn't seem
to be a problem.

My 79 did that several years ago. As I recall, a plastic stop pin
broke off, wnich I replaced with a steel one.

Alan
Tom Del Rosso

"Jerry Greenberg" wrote in message
om
The rotary switch must be replaced to fix the fault. The end stop if
broken. Fluke can do this for you, and re-calibrate the meter. I would
suggest to let them to that type of a job for you. Their rates are
reasonable.

How reasonable? Do you have a ballpark figure?

Joe

Mines been doing that for years now....... doesn't seem to harm it if that's
any help.
Last I checked it was around $60 with all the shipping, reason I didn't go
for it was its the only good meter I have out in the field.

-Joe

How reasonable? Do you have a ballpark figure?

---