Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I hear the Boston Marathon ended with a bang...

Who said "bring the war home" ?

Looks like you got your wish.

Will your guns protect you now?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 3:10 pm, Running Man wrote:
Who said "bring the war home" ?

Looks like you got your wish.

Will your guns protect you now?

As of 3pm CST, 2 dead, 23 wounded, most US major cities
are on alert in case it was a coordinated attack.
Taking away guns would not have prevented a thing......
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Saudi national under guard (was: I hear the Boston Marathon ended with abang...)

Nah - it couldn't be anyone from Saudi Arabia.

They're your friends.

George Bush walks hand-in-hand with Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah. They
are good people - no?

======================================

Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under
guard at Boston hospital

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...C2PDGIjY BalO

Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the
horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned.

Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at
an undisclosed Boston hospital.

It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he
was injured in the attack or in his apprehension.

The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on
the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.

In addition, Boston police have has surveillance video of someone
bringing multiple backpacks to blast site, according to CBS News.

Police also confirmed that there was a third explosion, at the John F.
Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum. It was not immediately clear
how much damage was done or whether it was related to the bombings at
the marathon finish line.

The library bombing occurred about 4:30 p.m. and more than a mile from
the marathon.

A law enforcement source confirmed to The Post that 12 people were
killed and nearly 50 were injured in today's blast.
Senior Member

But, why the marathon?

I expect they targeted the finish line of the marathon because they knew that it would be televised and that lots of spectators would congregate near that finish line.

Luckily, one of the three bombs that were planted didn't go off and will hopefully provide the evidence needed to track down who did this.

A fire in the John F. Kennedy library in Boston occurred at about the same time, but has since been determined to be completely unrelated. That was just a coincidence.

I kinda doubt this would be an international terrorist attack. Even international terrorists would be asking themselves "But, why the marathon?" since there's absolutely no political, economic or military significance associated with it. It's just an easy target because it stretches along a 26 mile route, and so it's not plausible to guard all 26 miles. Still, the finish line should have been recognized as a potential target because of the television cameras that would be located there.

Last edited by nestork : April 15th 13 at 11:27 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/15/2013 04:10 PM, Running Man wrote:
Who said "bring the war home" ?

Looks like you got your wish.

Will your guns protect you now?

As per usual, something bad happens and the Usenet idiots come out of
the woodwork.

What are you doing to make the world better, ITG?

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

nestork wrote:

But, why the marathon?

So your military-surveilence complex can sell more

- body scanners
- biometrics monitors/software
- metal detectors
- drones

So they can be employed at more

- public events / gatherings
- your front door

So they can mine, store, record, analyze

- more of your electronic data
- more of your purchases
- more of your travel by any means (foot, car, plane, train, etc)

So they can enact

- more laws that strip away any sense that you could conduct
any form of communication, travel or commerce with anonymity

For the real purpose

- as make-work projects, to hire people to perform mindless jobs
- to provide data to the IRS so they can discover unrepored income
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

In Running Man wrote:

Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under
guard at Boston hospital

http://www.nypost.com

You should wait a while before quoting anything from the NY Post. And then
wait some more.

--
St. Paul, MN
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 22:21:38 +0000, nestork
wrote:

[...]

Homegrown nut-case, 99 chances out of 100 - looking for his 15
minutes of fame.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

If so, I bet he's also a gun nut with an arsenal in his house.
Probably a tea leaf too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 9:17*pm, Robert wrote:
On Apr 15, 3:10 pm, Running Man wrote:

Who said "bring the war home" ?

Looks like you got your wish.

Will your guns protect you now?

As of 3pm CST, * 2 dead, 23 wounded, *most US major cities
are on alert in case it was a coordinated attack.
Taking away guns would not have prevented a thing......

Revising security at the London Marathon and also Maggies funeral
tomorrow.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

And the Saudis are the friends who made flying safe, on 9/1/11, even to the
point of making safety announcements in the cabins.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Running Man" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

I was on the road, driving to service calls. About 4 PM Eastern, the Boston
Blast was all that I could get on the radio, on pretty much every station.
What a shame, all those people injured. Fortunately, there were a lot of
medical folks right there to take care of the runners. Ended up doing triage
and multiple casualty incident instead. Or, in addition.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Running Man" wrote in message
Who said "bring the war home" ?

Looks like you got your wish.

Will your guns protect you now?

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

In article ,
G. Morgan wrote:

Bert wrote:

In Running Man wrote:

Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under
guard at Boston hospital

http://www.nypost.com

You should wait a while before quoting anything from the NY Post. And then
wait some more.

No ****, was there anything accurate in that blurb?

They did say that it happened in Boston.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 6:21*pm, nestork wrote:
[...]

But why the marathon?
There isn't any "political, economic or military significance"
associated
with many targets of international terrorists. When they blow up a
hotel that foreigners tend to stay at, for example, how is that any
different
than what happened yesterday? Or when they leave a car bomb
at a crowded market? Or when they blow up a subway or train? The
intent is to kill as many as possible in a dramatic way. We don't
know who
did it, but to say it doesn't fit the pattern of international
terrorists is to
deny or cover up the obvious.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 15, 2013 3:10:18 PM UTC-5, Running Man wrote:
Who said "bring the war home" ?

Looks like you got your wish.

Will your guns protect you now?

Actually, I ran Boston last year. The route starts 26 miles away. (It is a point to point course). But, It starts in the middle of no where. You really are not in a large populated area until you get toward the end of the course downtown. Obviously, the finish line is the most populated area. Just beyond the finish line are thousands of people who just finished the race in line to get their medal, warming blanket and bananna and to re unite with friends and family.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 16, 7:53*am, "
wrote:
[...]

deny or cover up the obvious.- Hide quoted text -

You know, I must be starting to slip up. I kind of swallowed the
"international terrorist" label. The more accurate label is "muslim
terrorists", because that is what they actually are in the vast
majority of cases. And their terrorist acts
more often than not don't span borders. In other words,
they spend more time blowing up their fellow citizens than they do
killing outside the country. So, why would you call them
"international terrorists"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2013-04-15, Running Man wrote:

Will your guns protect you now?

Damn straight!

What are you gonna use? A hug?

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 15, 2013 4:10:18 PM UTC-4, Running Man wrote:
Who said "bring the war home" ?

Looks like you got your wish.

Will your guns protect you now?

Both Romney and Kerry are loyalist chumps and need to get the hell out of my country now.

We need to force the religious government tyrants out in the same manner my ancestors did to the Tory *******s in 4-19-1776.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 3:21*pm, nestork wrote:
[...]

Did you hear the questions posed to the Boston Chief of Police? From
memory, one was along the line of, "...Is this another false attack
instrumented by Homeland Security in order to remove our guns?" What
caught my attention was the phrase 'another' There were some others
but missed them due to sound having too much voice over and clutter.

While the CNN announcer kept saying the smoke indicated this was more
likely a crude bomb, not containing C4; I kept thinking great made
with gunpowder so another way to take all the ammunition away. We'll
see if it was a 'dirty' bomb, laced with C4 for effect.

Trigger mechanism? CNN said they're checking the cell phone towers,
Uh, surprised they didn't jam the network in that area. Oh, maybe they
did [after the fact] and that's why some didn't go off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 15, 2013 6:37:14 PM UTC-4, Home Guy wrote:
nestork wrote:

But, why the marathon?

So your military-surveilence complex can sell more

- body scanners

- biometrics monitors/software

- metal detectors

- drones

So they can be employed at more

- public events / gatherings

- your front door

So they can mine, store, record, analyze

- more of your electronic data

- more of your purchases

- more of your travel by any means (foot, car, plane, train, etc)

So they can enact

- more laws that strip away any sense that you could conduct

any form of communication, travel or commerce with anonymity

For the real purpose

- as make-work projects, to hire people to perform mindless jobs

- to provide data to the IRS so they can discover unrepored income

The FBI are useless counter productive terrorists.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 2013-04-16, G Morgan wrote:

Where are you reading your news? That "journalism" is completely
inaccurate.

What journalism isn't?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2013-04-15, Nate Nagel wrote:

As per usual, something bad happens and the Usenet idiots come out of
the woodwork.

What are you doing to make the world better, ITG?

Same thing as you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Macy wrote:
Trigger mechanism? CNN said they're checking the cell phone towers,
Uh, surprised they didn't jam the network in that area. Oh, maybe they
did [after the fact] and that's why some didn't go off.

They did indeed shut down the cell systems.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 16, 11:10*am, "Bob F" wrote:
Robert Macy wrote:
Trigger mechanism? CNN said they're checking the cell phone towers,
Uh, surprised they didn't jam the network in that area. Oh, maybe they
did [after the fact] and that's why some didn't go off.

They did indeed shut down the cell systems.

You might want to check on that. My understanding is that
was just another story that was wrong and in fact, the
cell phone service might have been overloaded because
of what happenedn, it was *not* shut down on purpose,
at the direction of police, etc.

Why can't you libs get anything right?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 06:41:28 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

You know, I must be starting to slip up. I kind of swallowed the
"international terrorist" label. The more accurate label is "muslim
terrorists", because that is what they actually are in the vast
majority of cases. And their terrorist acts
more often than not don't span borders. In other words,
they spend more time blowing up their fellow citizens than they do
killing outside the country. So, why would you call them
"international terrorists"?

The White House calls these incidents as "man caused disasters" or
some such nonsense.

The Fort Hood shooting is called "work place violence".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 16 Apr 2013 14:22:49 GMT, notbob wrote:

Will your guns protect you now?

Damn straight!

You Betcha!

A Minnesotan phrase that can be translated into the following...

1- "Yes"
2- "I agree"
3- "You sound like you know more then I do"
4- "You're wrong, but I'll make you feel better about it"
5- "If not more"
6- "Damn Wisconsin Packer Cheeseheads"
7- "You're annoying"

"...therefore those chemicals cannot be mixed." You Betcha

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=You%20Betcha

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 05:17:15 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

And the Saudis are the friends who made flying safe, on 9/1/11, even to the
point of making safety announcements in the cabins.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
[...]

And the news is reporting only 3 deaths - so I don't know whether to
believe the Saudi angle either.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 05:56:53 -0500, G. Morgan
wrote:

Running Man wrote:

A law enforcement source confirmed to The Post that 12 people were
killed and nearly 50 were injured in today's blast.

No, three confirmed deaths.

The Saudi guy is a "person of interest' not yet an official suspect.

Where are you reading your news? That "journalism" is completely
inaccurate.

Likely Faux
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa..._suspect_guard...

[...]

believe the Saudi angle either.- Hide quoted text -

The Saudi angle is that they have a Saudi who was living in
an apt in a Boston suburb in the hospital and he's under guard
as a person of interest. They searched his apt and took away
bags of stuff. He allegedly was acting suspicously at the
scene and was tackled by bystanders. It could be something
or it could be nothing.

First thing that comes to mind is the bombs went off within
seconds of each other, so apparently they didn't go off
accidently. And if that's the case, why would anyone involved
be so close that they themselves were injured? If the guy
is involved, then it will be a gold mine for the investigation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 04:53:53 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

[...]

Why schools? Why movie theaters? Why downtown Boston? Soft target
with *lotsa* targets concentrated in one area.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:14:42 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Apr 16, 11:10*am, "Bob F" wrote:
Robert Macy wrote:
Trigger mechanism? CNN said they're checking the cell phone towers,
Uh, surprised they didn't jam the network in that area. Oh, maybe they
did [after the fact] and that's why some didn't go off.

They did indeed shut down the cell systems.

You might want to check on that. My understanding is that
was just another story that was wrong and in fact, the
cell phone service might have been overloaded because
of what happenedn, it was *not* shut down on purpose,
at the direction of police, etc.

Right. The news (CNN radio, I think) was reporting that the cell
phone network was shut down *right* after talking to someone on the
cell phone, who was at the site.

Why can't you libs get anything right?

Because they're libs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 20:02:48 -0400, wrote:

Why can't you libs get anything right?

Because they're libs.

Don't get me started on them. I have something to say!
Senior Member

For what it's worth, security at Canadian/US border crossings has been sharply increased since the Boston bombings.

It's not that anyone thinks the bomber was Canadian, it's just that the FBI supposes the bomber may be trying to get out of the USA.

So, if you have black hair, brown eyes and a name like Yousif, Farak or Mohammad, be prepared for a the third degree if you've suddenly decided to visit Canada.

Last edited by nestork : April 17th 13 at 07:46 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

wrote:
[...]

They will be water boarding him right now in Gitmo.
Posted to alt.home.repair

You're not telling us that the government is doing something commonsense?
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"nestork" wrote in message

For what it's worth, security at Canadian/US border crossings has been
sharply increased since the Boston bombings.

It's not that anyone thinks the bomber was Canadian, it's just that the
FBI supposes the bomber may be trying to get out of the US. If it was a
muslim terrorist, they don't want him/her to get back to Iran (or
wherever) before they find out who did it.

So, racial profiling or no racial profiling, getting across the
US/Canada border if you have black hair, brown eyes and a name like
Yousif, Farak or Mohammad ain't easy as of late.

--
nestork

Posted to alt.home.repair

Chris Young used improper usenet message composition style by
top-posting and full quoting:

For what it's worth, security at Canadian/US border crossings has
been sharply increased since the Boston bombings.

You're not telling us that the government is doing something
commonsense?

He didn't say which side of the boarder is being more vigilent.

I would hate to think that we're spending more tax dollars here in
Canada to pay for overtime for customs agents to waste more of our time
coming back into Canada in a futile attempt to catch your bomber.