Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default I hear the Boston Marathon ended with a bang...

On Apr 16, 3:40*am, wrote:
On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 22:21:38 +0000, nestork

wrote:

But, why the marathon?

I expect they targeted the finish line of the marathon because they knew
that it would be televised and that lots of spectators would congregate
near that finish line.

Luckily, one of the three bombs that were planted didn't go off and will
hopefully provide the evidence needed to track down who did this.

A fire in the John F. Kennedy library in Boston occurred at about the
same time, but has since been determined to be completely unrelated.
That was just a coincidence.

I kinda doubt this would be an international terrorist attack. *Even
international terrorists would be asking themselves "But, why the
marathon?" since there's absolutely no political, economic or military
significance associated with it. *It's just an easy target because it
stretches along a 26 mile route, and so it's not plausible to guard all
26 miles. *Still, the finish line should have been recognized as a
potential target because of the television cameras that would be located
there.

* Homegrown nut-case, 99 chances out of 100 - looking for his 15
minutes of fame.

If so, I bet he's also a gun nut with an arsenal in his house.
Probably a tea leaf too.