Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Liftmaster Garage Door Closer

Call me a worrywart, but every time I open or close my garage doors, I
look up and watch with worry the belt retract or un tract. I think -
I have two nice cars sitting underneath, what happens if the mechanism
breaks? Anyone know if these things have any history of breaking and
damaging cars underneath?

Just curious.

Apeman
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 06:41:08 -0500, Ken wrote:

Can't help you with your brand of garage door lifter, but a more likely
danger is the breaking of the springs used to equalize the weight of the
door. Mine are parallel to the sides of the door and there are cables
available that run inside the spring to keep it from falling should one
break. They are available at Home Depot and other stores.

You know - you're right. I wasn't even considering the spring
potential. I'll take a look to see how they are secured. And do
something if they are not.

Thanks

Apeman
Posted to alt.home.repair

Any time you need something to worry about,
please post here. We'll be eager and ready to
increase your level of anxiety. Oh, what's that
behind you?
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
wrote in message

You know - you're right. I wasn't even considering the spring
potential. I'll take a look to see how they are secured. And do
something if they are not.

Thanks

Apeman

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 5, 10:20*am, Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:
Call me a worrywart, but every time I open or close my garage doors, I
look up and watch with worry the belt retract or un tract. *I think -
I have two nice cars sitting underneath, what happens if the mechanism
breaks? *Anyone know if these things have any history of breaking and
damaging cars underneath?

Just curious.

Apeman

Hmmm,
Don't park you nice cars inside the garage, leave them on the drive way.
Oh, then you should worry about hail storm. My garage door never damaged
cars in my life time.

Securing side-mounted springs is about the only thing to do, unless
you want to worry about the lag screws holding the opener to the
ceiling?????!!!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 09:20:07 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Apeman

Hmmm,
Don't park you nice cars inside the garage, leave them on the drive way.
Oh, then you should worry about hail storm. My garage door never damaged
cars in my life time.

.... I've never been struck in the head by a flying cable twitch
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hmmm,
Don't park you nice cars inside the garage, leave them on the drive way.
Oh, then you should worry about hail storm. My garage door never damaged
cars in my life time.

Securing side-mounted springs is about the only thing to do, unless
you want to worry about the lag screws holding the opener to the
ceiling?????!!!!!!

My springs have the usual cable threaded within which would keep the
springs from coming down, but I was thinking about the chain mechanism
snapping.
Oh well, I should stop worrying I guess.

Apeman