Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken[_6_] Ken[_6_] is offline

Default Liftmaster Garage Door Closer

wrote:
Call me a worrywart, but every time I open or close my garage doors, I
look up and watch with worry the belt retract or un tract. I think -
I have two nice cars sitting underneath, what happens if the mechanism
breaks? Anyone know if these things have any history of breaking and
damaging cars underneath?

Just curious.

Apeman

Can't help you with your brand of garage door lifter, but a more likely
danger is the breaking of the springs used to equalize the weight of the
door. Mine are parallel to the sides of the door and there are cables
available that run inside the spring to keep it from falling should one
break. They are available at Home Depot and other stores.