Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Airport Sign Falls, Kills 10-Year-Old Boy

http://abcnews.go.com/US/large-airpo...ry?id=18797015

I predict that the investigation is going to determine that this sign work was done by a minority sub-contractor who was given the job because the federal government requires an ever increasing percentage of work must be given to minority contractors; no matter if they have a proven record of quality work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 23, 5:16*pm, wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/large-airpo...y-kills-boy/st...

I predict that the investigation is going to determine that this sign work was done by a minority sub-contractor who was given the job because the federal government requires an ever increasing percentage of work must be given to minority contractors; no matter if they have a proven record of quality work.

An immigrant..Mexican Isuppose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/large-airpo...ry?id=18797015

I predict that the investigation is going to determine that this sign
work was done by a minority sub-contractor who was given the job
because the federal government requires an ever increasing percentage
of work must be given to minority contractors; no matter if they have
a proven record of quality work.

You could hurt yourself jumping to conclusions like that

--
PV

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and
drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever."

- Aristophanes

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 10:16:56 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/large-airpo...ry?id=18797015

I predict that the investigation is going to determine that this sign work was done by a minority sub-contractor who was given the job because the federal government requires an ever increasing percentage of work must be given to minority contractors; no matter if they have a proven record of quality work.

You have a Crystal Ball?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 10:16:56 -0700 (PDT),
wrote in Re
Airport Sign Falls, Kills 10-Year-Old Boy:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/large-airpo...ry?id=18797015

I predict that the investigation is going to determine that this sign work was done by a minority sub-contractor who was given the job because the federal government requires an ever increasing percentage of work must be given to minority contractors; no matter if they have a proven record of quality work.

My guess is that you are correct. Birmingham Mayor William Bell is
of-color and prefers that most/all government largess flow to those of
the same background.

Maybe Dufas can fill us in. He lives near or in Birmingham. How
about it Dufas? Can you report from the scene?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 14:52:52 -0500, VinnyB wrote:

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 10:16:56 -0700 (PDT),
wrote in Re
Airport Sign Falls, Kills 10-Year-Old Boy:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/large-airpo...ry?id=18797015

I predict that the investigation is going to determine that this sign work was done by a minority sub-contractor who was given the job because the federal government requires an ever increasing percentage of work must be given to minority contractors; no matter if they have a proven record of quality work.

My guess is that you are correct. Birmingham Mayor William Bell is
of-color and prefers that most/all government largess flow to those of
the same background.

Maybe Dufas can fill us in. He lives near or in Birmingham. How
about it Dufas? Can you report from the scene?

Who cares what color. I'm more concerned with idiots pretending to
understand construction or trying to save money at the expense of
safety. I smell lawsuit coming.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 11:09:20 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

An immigrant..Mexican Isuppose.

Numbskull checks in...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

An immigrant..Mexican Isuppose.

Numbskull checks in...

Would that be the same american numbskull that used liquid nails to
fasten a 400 lb airport sign to a wall?

Hi Oren!
Posted to alt.home.repair

John Kerry wrote:

Oren wrote:

An immigrant..Mexican Isuppose.

Numbskull checks in...

Would that be the same american numbskull that used liquid nails to
fasten a 400 lb airport sign to a wall?

Hi Oren!

Perhaps the same contractor that the epoxied up the concrete ceiling
panels in the Boston tunnel (the ones now fastened with proper Hilti
undercut anchors)?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/23/2013 1:52 PM, VinnyB wrote:
On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 10:16:56 -0700 (PDT),
wrote in Re
Airport Sign Falls, Kills 10-Year-Old Boy:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/large-airpo...ry?id=18797015

I predict that the investigation is going to determine that this sign work was done by a minority sub-contractor who was given the job because the federal government requires an ever increasing percentage of work must be given to minority contractors; no matter if they have a proven record of quality work.

My guess is that you are correct. Birmingham Mayor William Bell is
of-color and prefers that most/all government largess flow to those of
the same background.

Maybe Dufas can fill us in. He lives near or in Birmingham. How
about it Dufas? Can you report from the scene?

I was in a lot of pain when I read the original post and had to lie down
so I just woke up a little while ago when Mr.Phone and Mr.Bladder
conspired to wake me up. I may have a little insight into the nonsense
that goes on when The City of Birmingham awards contracts for work on
municipal projects. Some years back there was a project to widen and
repair 20th Street which is a main traffic artery through downtown and
into The South Side where the medical centers are located. There were
brand new pickup trucks all over the area bearing the name of a
heretofore unknown construction company that had the name of a very
prominent Negro businessman who had never been in the construction
business. Needless to say, the work was botched and the street was
turned into a roller coaster ride that has needed numerous repairs. In
the coming days I'm sure the story of what happened and who's at fault
and who will probably get a free ride if it is a so called minority
contractor. From what I've read, Brasfield & Gorrie-Bloc Global Services
Group was the main contractor since there is no minority owned
construction company big enough to handle such a large and complex
project for the city. I'm quite sure the construction company was
required to meet Affirmative Action mandates for the workers hired, the
subcontractors and personnel supervising the work. More news to come. o_O

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/03/..._river_default

http://tinyurl.com/dxqrwkh

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/03/...iver_d efault

http://tinyurl.com/cto7k65

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 23:47:07 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote in
Re Airport Sign Falls, Kills
10-Year-Old Boy:

Some years back there was a project to widen and
repair 20th Street which is a main traffic artery through downtown and
into The South Side where the medical centers are located. There were
brand new pickup trucks all over the area bearing the name of a
heretofore unknown construction company that had the name of a very
prominent Negro businessman who had never been in the construction
business. Needless to say, the work was botched and the street was
turned into a roller coaster ride that has needed numerous repairs. In
the coming days I'm sure the story of what happened and who's at fault
and who will probably get a free ride if it is a so called minority
contractor.

Yes, that's to be expected in a city run by people of color and their
lame stream press lackeys.

More news to come. o_O

Thanks. Please continue to keep us informed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2013 12:56 AM, VinnyB wrote:
[...]

The sad part of the whole thing is the fact that there are a number of
outstanding "people of color" in and around the Birmingham area and
their accomplishments are often overshadowed by the asinine buffoonery
of other people of color who get all the attention. It's sad that only
children seem to understand that the color of one's skin is not so
important, It's the color of one's heart and soul. Someone with lily
white skin can have a black heart and a dark soul which makes them a
wretched human being. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

First, that's tragic. Second, it looks like the display was a lot too front
heavy. Should have had some kind of support in front of the display. A
couple legs that stick out.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

http://abcnews.go.com/US/large-airpo...ry?id=18797015

I predict that the investigation is going to determine that this sign
work was done by a minority sub-contractor who was given the job because
the federal government requires an ever increasing percentage of work
must be given to minority contractors; no matter if they have a proven
record of quality work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/23/2013 1:16 PM, wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/large-airpo...ry?id=18797015

I predict that the investigation is going to determine that this sign work was done by a minority sub-contractor who was given the job because the federal government requires an ever increasing percentage of work must be given to minority contractors; no matter if they have a proven record of quality work.

Yah, you can't expect minorities to have the honesty and integrity of a
lilly-white Illinois governor.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=8973798

"4 out of previous 7 Illinois governors went to prison"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 12:02:24 -0400, diy savant wrote:

"4 out of previous 7 Illinois governors went to prison"

I bet they were all innocent and found Jesus while incarcerated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
http://abcnews.go.com/US/large-airpo...ry?id=18797015

I predict that the investigation is going to determine that this sign work
was done by a minority sub-contractor who was given the job because the
federal government requires an ever increasing percentage of work must be
given to minority contractors; no matter if they have a proven record of
quality work.

* * * *

I got a call from Hoover Dam for a bid for some handrail work. Simple
stuff. I bid it high, and got the bid.

The first two days out there, we were hit with an inspector or some big
wheel every half hour or so. After two days, they saw we knew what we were
doing, and left us alone.

Came to find out that the contract had been let to a minority owned business
because there is a specified amount of small minority owned business
set-asides at Hoover Dam. One of the inspectors told me the last company
did not install a thing, nor drill one hole. They were terminated, but paid
in full.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 24, 7:40*am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
[...]

I live not far from the real Birmingham.
So Birmingham (USA) is going the same way as Detroit?
Posted to alt.home.repair

finger.net wrote:
[...]

Not that bad by a long shot. We're in the middle of The Bible Belt so
evil is held at bay somewhat better than it is in The North. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

finger.net wrote:
[...]

There are plenty of muslims in Brm UK.
Do they count?
Posted to alt.home.repair

finger.net wrote:
[...]

Birmingham, Al has Muslims too. In fact you'd be amazed at all the
different religions and nationalities wandering around The Magic City
and surrounding area. There are even "real" Africans here from all over
Africa. ^_^

TDD

We have plenty of THOSE ferckers.
Mostly from Somalia and Nigeria.
Scum most o fthem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

finger.net wrote:
[...]

Most of the real Africans I've met are wonderful folks and lack the
bellicose attitude that's a cultural trait of most Negro Americans.
There are a lot of people from Kenya working for convenience store/
gas stations in the area and they're always polite and respectful to
all the customers. I complemented one of the young women from Kenya
on how all the gals from Kenya I've met were so nice to people. The
young woman explained that it's the way they were raised and taught
to behave. I know a hard working young man from Nigeria who is ashamed
of the reputation of his homeland because of all the scammers who
operate from there. When I asked him why he came to America, he said
it was for the opportunities that exist in the USA because there was
nothing for him in Africa because the bosses got all the money. I asked
him if Nigerians mouthed off at police the way American Blacks do and
he said an Urban Black from America would last about 5 minutes in
Nigeria because the first time he opened his mouth at a cop, he would be
shot or beaten to death and his body tossed in a ditch. African Negroes
don't like Negro Americans and wish they would stop calling themselves
African. o_O

TDD