Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FakeTV FTV-10 Burglar Deterrent

Cute device to fool burglars and snoops into believing someone is home
without using a lot of power and wearing out your TV. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003S5SOLG/...l_7tf5ejr7hq_b

http://tinyurl.com/ae7ynoo

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Cute device to fool burglars and snoops into believing someone is home
without using a lot of power and wearing out your TV. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003S5SOLG/...ydr-20&hvadid=
29468351395&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=s&hvrand=
19913430451184447984&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=p d_sl_7tf5ejr7hq_b

http://tinyurl.com/ae7ynoo

TDD

We have had one of those for several years and they work great. In fact,
sometimes when we tell people where we were last week they say whomever
was watching the house was also watching TeeVee.

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/10/2013 12:10 AM, IGot2P wrote:
Cute device to fool burglars and snoops into believing someone is home
without using a lot of power and wearing out your TV. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003S5SOLG/...ydr-20&hvadid=
29468351395&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=s&hvrand=
19913430451184447984&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=p d_sl_7tf5ejr7hq_b

http://tinyurl.com/ae7ynoo

TDD

We have had one of those for several years and they work great. In fact,
sometimes when we tell people where we were last week they say whomever
was watching the house was also watching TeeVee.

Don

I should have posted the manufacturer's site. There is a new improved
model now. ^_^

http://www.faketv.com/

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Cute device to fool burglars and snoops into believing someone is
home

Does it work inside a school bus?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 10, 6:44*am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
On 3/10/2013 12:10 AM, IGot2P wrote:

Cute device to fool burglars and snoops into believing someone is home
without using a lot of power and wearing out your TV. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003S5SOLG/...ydr-20&hvadid=
29468351395&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=s&hvrand=

* 19913430451184447984&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=p d_sl_7tf5ejr7hq_b

http://tinyurl.com/ae7ynoo

TDD

We have had one of those for several years and they work great. In fact,
sometimes when we tell people where we were last week they say whomever
was watching the house was also watching TeeVee.

Don

I should have posted the manufacturer's site. There is a new improved
model now. ^_^

http://www.faketv.com/

TDD

Is it true then that 2% of houses in the US are broken in to?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday 10 March 2013 06:44 The Daring Dufas wrote in alt.home.repair:

I should have posted the manufacturer's site. There is a new improved
model now. ^_^

http://www.faketv.com/

TDD

That's a really neat idea! Think I might get one...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/10/2013 12:58 AM, House Man wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Cute device to fool burglars and snoops into believing someone is
home

Does it work inside a school bus?

Only if you live in one as some people do. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/10/2013 12:45 AM, Tim Watts wrote:
On Sunday 10 March 2013 06:44 The Daring Dufas wrote in alt.home.repair:

I should have posted the manufacturer's site. There is a new improved
model now. ^_^

http://www.faketv.com/

TDD

That's a really neat idea! Think I might get one...

It is indeed a fantastic idea, something so incredibly basic and simple
it leads us to wonder why we didn't come up with the idea ourselves!
Well priced, too.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

harry used improper usenet message composition style by unnecessarily
full-quoting:

http://www.faketv.com/

Is it true then that 2% of houses in the US are broken in to?

In spite of the fact that there's supposedly a gun in about half of all
US homes - which is supposed to act as a deterrent against this sort of
crime?

Or is it that the theft of firearms from homes actually *causes* an
increase in home burglary?
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

In House Man wrote:

harry used improper usenet message composition style by unnecessarily
full-quoting:

http://www.faketv.com/

Is it true then that 2% of houses in the US are broken in to?

In spite of the fact that there's supposedly a gun in about half of
all US homes - which is supposed to act as a deterrent against this
sort of crime?

If there are guns in 50% of the homes and only 2% are broken into,
what's the "in spite of" that you're talking about?

Or is it that the theft of firearms from homes actually *causes* an
increase in home burglary?

Do you believe that guns emit some sort of mystic aura that either
repels or attacts criminals?

Otherwise, what's your point?

--
St. Paul, MN

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/10/2013 12:10 AM, IGot2P wrote:
Cute device to fool burglars and snoops into believing someone is home
without using a lot of power and wearing out your TV. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003S5SOLG/...ydr-20&hvadid=
29468351395&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=s&hvrand=
19913430451184447984&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=p d_sl_7tf5ejr7hq_b

http://tinyurl.com/ae7ynoo

TDD

We have had one of those for several years and they work great. In fact,
sometimes when we tell people where we were last week they say whomever
was watching the house was also watching TeeVee.

Don

I should have posted the manufacturer's site. There is a new improved
model now. ^_^

http://www.faketv.com/

TDD

If the new model is actually three (3) times brighter it is simply too
bright in my opinion. Ours is set approximately twenty-five (25) feet
from the windows and from the outside it looks exactly like a TeeVee is on.

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

House Man wrote in :

harry used improper usenet message composition style by unnecessarily
full-quoting:

http://www.faketv.com/

Is it true then that 2% of houses in the US are broken in to?

In spite of the fact that there's supposedly a gun in about half of all
US homes - which is supposed to act as a deterrent against this sort of
crime?

A gun will only stop a burglar if the owner is home to use it. Burglars are
cowards that break in when there is nobody home to stop them.

Or is it that the theft of firearms from homes actually *causes* an
increase in home burglary?

Firearms are just one the the things they can take to sell for quick cash
along with jewelry and electronics. If they just wanted a gun to pull off a
robbery they could more easily get it from one of their criminal friends.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 3/10/2013 10:44 AM, Bert wrote:
In House Man wrote:

harry used improper usenet message composition style by unnecessarily
full-quoting:

http://www.faketv.com/

Is it true then that 2% of houses in the US are broken in to?

In spite of the fact that there's supposedly a gun in about half of
all US homes - which is supposed to act as a deterrent against this
sort of crime?

If there are guns in 50% of the homes and only 2% are broken into,
what's the "in spite of" that you're talking about?

Or is it that the theft of firearms from homes actually *causes* an
increase in home burglary?

Do you believe that guns emit some sort of mystic aura that either
repels or attacts criminals?

Otherwise, what's your point?

Don't you know about "Gun Cooties"? o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/10/2013 12:03 PM, IGot2P wrote:
[...]

Have you noticed how big TV's have become? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Yeah, I sure have. In fact we are seriously considering moving up to a
22" from our current 13".

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/10/2013 1:36 PM, IGot2P wrote:
[...]

We have a older 56" Sony rear projection TV I need to repair that was
wonderful when it worked. I own a pair of 22" computer monitors that I
use to work with and watch movies. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 11, 1:21*am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
[...]

I have a 42" screen I use for everything.
Posted to alt.home.repair

finger.net wrote:
[...]

Oh my God! Yours is bigger than mine. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Mar 12, 8:07*am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
On 3/10/2013 1:01 PM, Jeff wrote:

House Man wrote :

harry used improper usenet message composition style by unnecessarily
full-quoting:

http://www.faketv.com/

Is it true then that 2% of houses in the US are broken in to?

In spite of the fact that there's supposedly a gun in about half of all
US homes - which is supposed to act as a deterrent against this sort of
crime?

A gun will only stop a burglar if the owner is home to use it. *Burglars are
cowards that break in when there is nobody home to stop them.

Or is it that the theft of firearms from homes actually *causes* an
increase in home burglary?

Firearms are just one the the things they can take to sell for quick cash
along with jewelry and electronics. *If they just wanted a gun to pull off a
robbery they could more easily get it from one of their criminal friends.

I darn near killed a burglar with my bare hands after I came upon him in
my office/warehouse when he made the mistake of throwing a brick at
my face which I dodged then stomped him until he quit twitching. I
thought the vermin was dead but he came to when I started to drag his
corpse out to my truck to find a distant dumpster to deposit it in. It
shook me up that I almost killed a man by reflex so I bought a big
pepper spray canister and started bathing burglars and trespassers with
it after that. o_O

TDD

So, how many burglaries have you experienced Duf?
I don't even know anyone who has been burgled.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

finger.net wrote:
On 3/10/2013 1:01 PM, Jeff wrote:

House Man wrote :

[...]

Several, it never turned out good for the burglar when I caught him. No,
I haven't shot anyone with bullets just fists, feet and pepper spray. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

finger.net wrote:

#
# So, how many burglaries have you experienced Duf?
# I don't even know anyone who has been burgled.
#

Well that should be no surprise considering all the other things you know
nothing about...

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

It
shook me up that I almost killed a man by reflex so I bought a big
pepper spray canister and started bathing burglars and trespassers with
it after that. o_O

Be aware that pepper spray (capsicum) is not effective on all
individuals, including those intoxicated with alcohol. Spraying such
individuals will at best serve as a minor distraction, and will at worse
result in your being incapacitated by your own spray.

There is a reason that most in law enforcement have moved on to using
electro-neural disruption technology (Taser) as their primary means of
"less than lethal" force.

Jon
Posted to alt.home.repair

I prefer to confront my burglars,
and now don't get upset,
I usually shoot them in the legs,
or at least I try to...

we need to practice once in a while anyway,
don't we?

marc
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 3/12/2013 11:15 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:

It
shook me up that I almost killed a man by reflex so I bought a big
pepper spray canister and started bathing burglars and trespassers with
it after that. o_O

Be aware that pepper spray (capsicum) is not effective on all
individuals, including those intoxicated with alcohol. Spraying such
individuals will at best serve as a minor distraction, and will at worse
result in your being incapacitated by your own spray.

There is a reason that most in law enforcement have moved on to using
electro-neural disruption technology (Taser) as their primary means of
"less than lethal" force.

Jon

Did I write that pepper spray was the only inconvenience the burglars
suffered from? In combination with a club, the spray is quite effective.

I bet you duct taped the pepper spray to the club, didn't you? ;p

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 10:15:25 -0700, Jon Danniken
wrote:

Be aware that pepper spray (capsicum) is not effective on all
individuals, including those intoxicated with alcohol. Spraying such
individuals will at best serve as a minor distraction, and will at worse
result in your being incapacitated by your own spray.

IIRC CN gas is the weaker vs. CS gas. We had a "pepper fogger" at work
years ago. It would fill an entire building in minutes. So much that
it depletes the oxygen in the air and can cause death.

Pic:

http://www.motherjones.com/files/images/fog-machine-500px.jpg

"...Although described as a non-lethal weapon for crowd control, many
studies have raised doubts about this classification. As well as
creating severe pulmonary damage, CS can also significantly damage the
heart and liver."
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 3/12/2013 12:31 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
[...]

Believe it or not, I don't like to hurt people. When I studied martial
arts, I hurt fellow students by accident and it bothered me, I didn't
know my own strength. o_O

TDD

Bear deterrent Roy Home Repair 24 June 13th 12 03:23 AM
Inexpensive burglar deterrent john east[_3_] UK diy 57 April 10th 12 09:11 PM
Wiki: Cat deterrent [email protected] UK diy 14 February 10th 09 03:29 PM
Fox & Cat Deterrent Nodge UK diy 27 July 15th 06 12:49 PM
Spiky burglar deterrent on top of gate - legal? Lobster UK diy 74 March 13th 05 04:50 PM